Beantwoord

Unlimited EU vs 120 minutes call

When I renewed my Go subscription this July, it clearly indicated that calls are unlimited in the EU (attached a screenshot of my confirmation email):

Yet, when I received my invoice today, got suspicious by the higher fee. On the website after logging in, noticed it says I have 33 minutes left from 120 minutes. I never received any notification about changes of the rules and this is not what I subscribed for. There is an offer for 10€/month to have unlimited calls in the EU. Excuse me? I used the GO subscription for a year not only because of the unlimited data but the unlimited EU calls and now I get less for the same price...

I would appreciate if you could look into this.
icon

Beste antwoord door David 8 september 2018, 12:47

Hi Renáta94,

I can understand the confusion and am here to provide a little more info!

It's true that there have been changes in the subscription, since it was introduced in January 2017. In the meantime it showed that there was quite a lot of misuse of these subscriptions. Unfortunately, this has forced us to make adjustments to these subscriptions. One of these changes is a limited amount of minutes to call from the Netherlands to countries in the EU. The new regulations provide usage of the subscription abroad, but this doesn't apply to the Netherlands itself. In order to keep our subscriptions affordable we made the decision with the newer Go subscriptions, to limit the calls from the Netherlands to countries in the EU to 120 minutes. The additional bundle 'Onbeperkt bellen naar de EU' allows you to make unlimited calls from the Netherlands to countries in the EU.

This adjustment has also been added to our webshop:

The higher invoice is due to the fact that there was a renewal in your subscription. Because of this the invoice is higher than usual. You normally pay one month in advance, but after a change there is also the remainder of the previous period. You can check this with the dates of the bundles on your invoice.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Renáta94,

I can understand the confusion and am here to provide a little more info!

It's true that there have been changes in the subscription, since it was introduced in January 2017. In the meantime it showed that there was quite a lot of misuse of these subscriptions. Unfortunately, this has forced us to make adjustments to these subscriptions. One of these changes is a limited amount of minutes to call from the Netherlands to countries in the EU. The new regulations provide usage of the subscription abroad, but this doesn't apply to the Netherlands itself. In order to keep our subscriptions affordable we made the decision with the newer Go subscriptions, to limit the calls from the Netherlands to countries in the EU to 120 minutes. The additional bundle 'Onbeperkt bellen naar de EU' allows you to make unlimited calls from the Netherlands to countries in the EU.

This adjustment has also been added to our webshop:

The higher invoice is due to the fact that there was a renewal in your subscription. Because of this the invoice is higher than usual. You normally pay one month in advance, but after a change there is also the remainder of the previous period. You can check this with the dates of the bundles on your invoice.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
Thank you David for the detailed explanation. I completely understand the reasoning behind the company's decision, however, I find it odd that while I was renewing my subscription I could not find any information pointing at this fact.

Now, if I visit the website, it clearly says it everywhere but not when I was choosing to renew. I might have reconsidered my choice as I frequently call the EU and now I have to think if I would be willing to pay 10€ more per month.

Regardless, thank you for your help. Have a nice day!

Reageer