I would like to ask if anyone at T-mobile knows how to fix the “conflicting country codes” problem experienced on MacBook Pro, MacOS Catalina, Wifi 5gHz and 2.4gHz, fibre optic, 200Mbit connection, Huawei HG659 router.
Last week Wednesday, 6th November, T-Mobile did a maintenance switch (according to their customer service line) that directed the web traffic through Germany. I was informed that the connections would be returned in batches and that the issue would go away by the 14th. They also submitted a technical support ticket for me, which sadly, has gone unnoticed.
My country code that shows up under my Wifi network on my Mac reads DE, instead of NL and upon factory resetting the router, it shows CN (China) for some time before switching back to DE. Unfortunately, this is causing me connection issues, where other networks i’ve tester over the last week connect problem free (including using my T-mobile iPhone hotspot - which has country code NL).
I have also noticed that under the advanced online settings for my router (Huawei HG659), there is a greyed out explanation for changing the country code manually. I have searched the entire online settings for the router, there is no option that allows me to do this. In some suggestions it is stated to ensure your computers location is set correctly, mine is set to Netherlands.
I have tried factory resetting, changing the channels, changing DNS settings, adjusting Hardware to capped MTU numbers, refreshed the DCHP Lease. Nothing works. The problem persists.
I have made 9 phone calls to T-mobile about this issue and I was told there is nothing that I can do on my side, that the issue lies with the modem (which I don’t have access to - Fibre is managed externally). The problem has still not been fixed, and I have still not heard from the technical team.
I am open to ideas on how to fix this, I did notice that the issue was raised 2 months ago, though the thread had no conclusive evidence on a fix.