Beantwoord

Fiber optic internet speed

• 14 August 2019
  • 1 reactie
  • 363 Bekeken

Hello,
I have a fiber optic subscription or 200MB, I received a Draytek modem from t-mobile which offers 2.4Ghz wifi only.

Using Ookla speed test the speed i'm not anywhere near the 200MB i ordered! at best i get ~ 80MB download speed.

My question is why I don't get anywhere near the speed I purchased? and if the problem is the 2.4Ghz wifi why T-mobile delivered to me a modem that doesn't support 5Ghz while i ordered 200MB fiber optic connection?

Thank you,
Karim
icon

Beste antwoord door Cheyenne van Odido 19 August 2019, 15:36

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Hi @kelgendy, thank you for this topic. I would love to help! Please note that we only guarantee the speed you've purchased via a wired connection. For WiFi, we guarantee around 20% to 50%. At this moment you are receiving 80Mbps wireless. Of course we can try to upgrade this speed! If you have a good connection when using a cable then there might be interference on your WiFi connection. This can be caused by other appliances like a 'smart' electric or gas meter (which receives a wireless signal as well) or other devices that receive a wireless signal or send out a strong magnetic field like stereo amplifiers. If any of this applies then moving the modem to a different location might help. You can also try to change the frequency of the WiFi signal. You can do this as follows:

• Log in with your browser and go to 192.168.1.1 while connected to your modem (preferably by cable)
  • Enter "user" as the log-in and password. If this doesn't work please reset the modem and check the credentials on the sticker on the modem below ''Login''
  • Click on "Wireless LAN" in the menu at the left
  • Click on "General Setup
  • Under "Channel" you can change the broadcast channel for your WiFi. Our preferred channels are 1, 6 and 11 (Keep 'Modus' on mixed!) but you can check which channels are least used in your area by using a WiFi detection app like WiFi Analyzer.
  • Click "OK".

If you want, you can also change this WiFi setup in My T-Mobile Thuis. I hope these steps will help optimise your WiFi connection. Good luck!

Reageer