Vraag

I receive my pakage but no internet

• 6 juni 2019
  • 42 reacties
  • 594 Bekeken

Hi I received my package today, my install date was June 5.
I hooked it up as per the video but the Wifi will not connect. It accepts the password but it will not connect.
Do I need to register or activate my account somewhere?

Thank you.

42 reacties

Here is an image of what I see.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Good morning @BMontgom,

Welcome at T-Mobile Home. It should be plug and play. The picture shows you have no connection to the internet at all. Only inside your own network.

Did you have a different provider before? In other words; did the line work properly before? Sometimes the AOP wires aren't connected proberly.

Did you try to reset the modem?

Hopefully we can rule out these and get to the core of the problem and solve it for you quickly.
I don't know if they had another provider. I am new to living in this apartment and I do not have contact with the old tennant.

I did reset the modem. How do I fix the AOP wires?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Could you post a picture of the access point to where to modem has been connected?
Sure, here they are.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
There might be a loose cable cable within the AOP (black socket). Otherwise I am afraid your line is not active yet.
Ok how do I fix this? Will a technician come and fix it?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
If it is a loose cable you might be able to fix it. If you make a photo of the inside of this socket we can take a look with you. Is there another entry point at you appartment? Here's where the community can help you.

Webcare can check if the line is indeed active. They are active on this community and respond withing 24 to 48 hours, and if needed help you with a ticket. As this a customer community it may take this time. You also can ask for a ticket by chat or customer sales by phone. They can assist you as well.

Either way let me know as I am glad to assist.
Ok how do I get a ticket with Webcare so they can check if the line is indeed active?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
They will respond in this topic.
Great, thank you.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
No problem. Hope you will be online soon. You could check the previous questions I wrote. Maybe they help and you might be online sooner
I tried another plug in my apartment and the same problem so I think it is not active. I am hoping you can help me activate it. I am paying for it as of June 5.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You start paying when the modem makes its first contact with the network. So, no worries for that. As you don't have access to the network the line is delivered and active, but the subscription is not in use yet.

Is there a contact point around the fusebox as well? The two main points of where the cable enters an apartment are the space of the fuse box or the living room. It is important to have the socket where the cable enters your apartment.
Ok thank you. There is only two sockets in my apartment and I have tried them both.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
The only thing you could do at this moment is screw them open and check if they are wired. You can post the pictures if you want.
Here is what it look likes on both when I unscrew it... I am not trained in electrical. Can you explain to me how to fix it or please send a technician to fix it? I need my internet to be working please.

Here is a brighter one.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Thank you so much. The good news is I see nothing wrong. But that doesn't bring you a signal. Asked some others if they can think up anything to help you, but I have no response yet.

I expect webcare will take over from tomorrow and will arrange further steps in measuring the line and/or a ticket for a technician.

Do you have a T-Mobile mobile phone subscription? Maybe I can help you out in between with a data voucher.
Thank you . Let's arrange a ticket for a technician please.

I do have a T-Mobile mobile phone subscription with unlimited data.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
No problem. Hoped webcare already catched up with your topic. Will do my best for you tomorrow, but already did a request for measuring your line.

So, you do not need an unlimited data voucher for now?

Have a nice evening.
Reputatie 6
Badge +7
Hi @BMontgom, I just checked the connection as @TAVL mentioned earlier but I am unable to connect to the modem. There is an incoming signal to your address but the modem doesn't seem to be making a connection through the wall sockets. I will sent a technician over to check the connection and you will receive a text/e-mail to make an appointment. We will get you online as quickly as possible!
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Thank you @Brian.

@BMontgom you'd best call Guidion. In my experience there are more possibilities than planning by using the webform. Especially these days.
What is Guidion? Is t-mobile paying for the technician?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
No worries. Guidion is a technical party which does installations and solves technical issues. You receive a text or an e-mail as @Brian mentioned. This will link to Guidion. My advice is to call them. This works best in my opinion.

If a DSL installation does not result in a working line T-Mobile sends a technician to solve the issues for free.

Reageer