Beantwoord

Internet access data, username / password

• 10 augustus 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 411 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties
Hi, I have a fibre optic 200Mbit connection. The router provided is the Zyxel one.
The fibre optic modem is connected properly by a technician and the router is connected via an Ethernet cable in the living room.
I have noticed that the performance of it is not ideal, especially if I am using a media server to stream content from my computer to my TV.
I own another modem fritzbox 7490 which it has always proven a very reliable router for this purpose.
I am trying to connect the fritzbox router to the internet and most probably I need the username and password that t-mobile has issued for my account. How can I acquire them?
Thanks in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 20 augustus 2019, 12:15

Hi @demonuz, thank you for the clarification. You do not need credentials to use your own modem, you can just connect it to the media converter instead of our Zyxel modem. You can also connect the Fritz to our modem as a router/acces point, in that case you have to make sure the router is not in bridge mode. The Fritz router do have a T-Mobile Thuis profile in most cases which you can use for the right network settings! 😉
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +7
Hi @demonuz, apologies for the late reply. I can imagine you can maybe download some profile settings through the fritz box website but I don't own one myself so I'm not entirely sure. You can set the Fritz Box in Acces Point instead of Bridge mode and it should work just fine.
Hi @Brian thanks for your reply! The fritz box modem I have is bought from Germany, therefore it sadly doesn’t have the t-mobile profile installed, unless there’s a way for me to install it.
Which of the 2 modems has to be in bridge mode, the Zyxel or the fritz box?

Regards
Reputatie 6
Badge +7
Hi @demonuz, thank you for the clarification. You do not need credentials to use your own modem, you can just connect it to the media converter instead of our Zyxel modem. You can also connect the Fritz to our modem as a router/acces point, in that case you have to make sure the router is not in bridge mode. The Fritz router do have a T-Mobile Thuis profile in most cases which you can use for the right network settings! 😉
Hi @Piotr, thanks a lot for your reply.
The Speedtest is fine even on the WiFi. I get consistently a 190-195 Mbit speed.
The credentials I am looking for are not the username and password to access the router interface, where you would f.e. change the name of your WiFi network, I have those.
I need the credentials, that I could use on a router that is not from t-mobile, to connect my home network to the t-mobile network to get internet connection.
Unless the credentials to access the router interface, are the same you’d use to setup a router to connect to the t-mobile network.
I hope I clarified which credentials I am looking for.

Thanks in advance
Reputatie 5
Badge +2
Hey @demonuz ,

Did you also perform a speedtest with your ethernet cable? You should not experience any problems with your connection, especially when your device is connected with an ethernet cable. It's not a problem at all if you want to connect your own modem. We've a couple troubleshoots (in Dutch) here. You can find your username and password on the back of your Zyxel modem or on the white sticker from your installation package.

Reageer