Beantwoord

Slow and instable internet speed - 1000 Mbps

• 13 februari 2021
  • 34 reacties
  • 585 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 20 reacties

Hello,

Today I switched to T-Mobile Thuis - Premium Internet package (1000 mpbs) however after doing a lot of tests, the maximum speed captured that is around 450 MBPs. It is also instable as sometimes it is between 150-200 and sometimes 250-300 .. In general it is 300-380 Mbps .. Not sure what to apply, channel test / changes →  checked, modem restart →  checked, with cable test →  checked … As a new client, it is very disappointing ..

Thanks for your help in advance ..

Kaya

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 2 maart 2021, 15:55

Hi @ekaya My apologies, something went wrong on our end with your initial issue. I’ve contacted our technical department and made it a priority, apologies for the delay! You will receive a confirmation from my colleagues when the issue is resolved, I’m suspecting a ‘port move’ might in order (moving you to a different line).

Bekijk origineel

34 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +10

Hi @ekaya the minimal speed is 750Mbps on a wired connection (also depending on the source and your hardware)  and maximal 950Mbps. There is no guarantee on a wireless connection

Hello,

tried with wired connection when the technician was at home and it was around 320mbps as well. I have never seen something above 450mbps yet. Any advice or solution for this ?

Reputatie 7
Badge +19

Hello @ekaya 

Does it help restarting the mediaconverter by removing the power for a bit and is your laptop/pc directly connected to the modem without any switches in between?

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Are you sure you have the 1000Mbps product instead of the 500Mbps. It depends on your address if 1000Mbps is available at T-Mobile, although others can deliver it. It has to do with T-Mobile/KPN competition.

Of course i am sure this is the reason why I switched from ziggo. T-mobile checker still says “you have 1000mbps on your address”. I had 250mbps with ziggo and it was exactly 250. Now, today I have maximum 130mbps. I tried with wire as well. Really don’t understand how it can be possible ? Forget 1000mbps, it is not more than 130mbps today. 

Reputatie 4
Badge +2

Hi @ekaya ,

Thank you for your message! I’ve seen you already had contact with our customer service. We only needed three speedtests to make sure we can give the technical department enough material to work with. I see you’ve send us an e-mail with the speedtests, thank you. However, on these speedtests, it’s clear they’re taken with Wifi enabled. To make sure our technicians pick up the issue, can you please provide us with the speedtests showing they’re taken with a wired connection? That way I can make sure we can help you out properly! 

sure, I will do Boris. Should I sent them via email as well ? I will send them today.

May I ask for an update ? I am still getting a max connection speed ~200-300 MBPs. Thanks

Reputatie 3
Badge +2

Hi @ekaya , we have received your speedtests! I also see that my colleague already send this to the technical department yesterday. They will investigate your connection speed further. Keep in mind that the current processing time is 6 days. Thank you for your patience!

May I ask for an update please ? I believe that 6-days already passed and nobody contacted to me. Also, I am doing tests since my last post, and my connection has never been captured more than 300 MBPs. I need to know the fix for this as I have been informed that I have fast internet so changed my isp.

Thanks

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi ekaya,

Just to be sure:

Do you use the Speedtest desktop app by Ookla? (Not the browser version!)

Only test wired. 

Try to start your laptop / desktop in save mode and test again.

The results are depending on your hardware. (Laptop / pc / network card) Try another (recent) device.

Regards, Marcel

Hello,

yes I used app and both wired/wireless test. And please excuse my naiveness, why it is too complicated to test my speed ? It should at least give better result with browser as well. I am saying that I couldn’t get more then 300-320mbps. And t-mobile is not my very first isp. I need help on my infrastructure or whatever needed and I have been asked for 6-days waiting (process) but nothing happened or none contacted yet. Thanks. 

Now all connection went down. I haven’t received any information if any maintenance etc.. 

Reputatie 5
Badge +2

Hi @ekaya, currently we are receiving notifications that some of our customers are experiencing internet outage. We are investigating the cause and the solution. In this topic we will keep you updated: Problemen vast Internet 1 maart 2021

Hi @ekaya, currently we are receiving notifications that some of our customers are experiencing internet outage. We are investigating the cause and the solution. In this topic we will keep you updated: Problemen vast Internet 1 maart 2021

thanks, I saw it, but unfortunately I haven’t received any support yet for my earlier issue which still exists.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @ekaya My apologies, something went wrong on our end with your initial issue. I’ve contacted our technical department and made it a priority, apologies for the delay! You will receive a confirmation from my colleagues when the issue is resolved, I’m suspecting a ‘port move’ might in order (moving you to a different line).

Thanks @Brian,

I will be waiting updates from you/your colleagues.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @ekaya We’ve received word from the grid operator that the screenshots provided aren’t sufficient because it’s unclear wether the connection is made with Wifi or wired. So I’m terribly sorry but I have to ask you to do the speedtest again and to make sure that it is through the wired connection. It’s best to do this with the Ookla speedtest app (so not through the browser). You can post the results here and then I’ll forward them right away.

Hi @ekaya We’ve received word from the grid operator that the screenshots provided aren’t sufficient because it’s unclear wether the connection is made with Wifi or wired. So I’m terribly sorry but I have to ask you to do the speedtest again and to make sure that it is through the wired connection. It’s best to do this with the Ookla speedtest app (so not through the browser). You can post the results here and then I’ll forward them right away.

Excuse me but this is ridiculous! Even the technician guy that you arranged who did installation called your colleagues and reported as an issue with the speed right after wired test. And I am waiting since 2 weeks for some help and now you are saying “sorry your screenshots is not clear if it is wired, maybe you are lying so please send again” very nice support and service. I will add all screenshots including the wire pictures and you need to tell me, if you are able to fix it, what make changes if I send new photos to you ? Aren’t you accepting my feedbacks as reality without wired screen shots ?

screenshots uploaded here and waiting for moderator’s approval.

Sent but not sure when they will be visible. Thanks. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @ekaya Thank you, the screenshots got caught by the spamfilter but I’ve approved the message. I forwarded the screenshots and we will contact the grid operator today to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience. I have a day off tomorrow but I will keep an eye on the progress and will check in with you this coming Monday.

@Brian 

Thanks for the support. KPN Technicians just left the house, they said that they changed sockets in the central and everything looks ok however my speed is still the same (of course a bit better but not stable and less than 500 mbps) so they said that it should be with T-Mobile administration and they will inform you what happened etc.. So, I still have the same issue.. Thanks for your help in advance.

Dear @Brian ,

May I ask for update on this ?

Thanks

@Brian  

Still no news from your end, May I ask for an update ? My issue still persists. Thanks

Reageer