Beantwoord

Use Asus router

• 21 april 2019
  • 19 reacties
  • 935 Bekeken

Hoi,

I'm facing an issue with my router, I would like to use my own router Asus RT-AC88U as main router with out T-mobile router is that possible ? if not so how can i use it with T-mobile modem i try different way also i try the steps from t-mobile also doesn't work, is there any solution ?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 26 april 2019, 21:31

I bought the router because they told me this model Asus RT-AC88U can be work with my internet with out modem and any problem.

You have the Asus RT-AC88U for DSL you need a Asus DSL-AC88U to use it whiteout the T-Mobile modem.

To use it whit the T-Mobile modem you have to ensure there is no ip conflict. if the asus ip is http://192.168.1.1 you have to change it to 192.168.2.1
Bekijk origineel

19 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +10
I bought the router because they told me this model Asus RT-AC88U can be work with my internet with out modem and any problem.

You have the Asus RT-AC88U for DSL you need a Asus DSL-AC88U to use it whiteout the T-Mobile modem.

To use it whit the T-Mobile modem you have to ensure there is no ip conflict. if the asus ip is http://192.168.1.1 you have to change it to 192.168.2.1
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
@Exaledos

Now that i look more close, i see that you put your telephone cable with RJ11 connector in the WAN RJ45 UTP network connection.

Now i see the gaps let and right of the RJ11.
Try to exchange the router for the mentioned DSL version at the company where you bought the RT version.
Because you bought it recently, you can also try to ask your money back if the company is friendly with you.

NOTE:
Investigation shows, the DSL input of the DSL version is also a RJ45 connector.
Probably the DSL version is delivered with a conversion cable RJ11 (KPN) to RJ45.
Thanks Guys 🙂
going to ask if i can change it with DSL asus 🙂

thanks a lot for your help :)

Fijn koningsdagen :)
Sam
it's work fine now 🙂 ty
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
Welcome @Exaledos to the forum by users.
It is possible to use your own modem on the T-Mobile network.

First question is out of our side, what line do you have, fiber or DSL?
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Dear @Exaledos,

That is possible, but not officially provided by T-Mobile, and therefore there is no additional service provided on the replaced router. There is a topic on this forum, which might help you configure your own router. Various members are willing to help you out.

Hopefully it works out and your own router is up and running soon. If you have any questions left, do not hesitate to post them. Don't forget to post if the topic worked, and your router is working smoothly.
Hi @Pieter_B , Thanks for your reaction 😉 i have now ADSL 100Mp

Thanks @TAVL for your info, i actually id this option but still doesn't work. Also i don't have tv i just have package internet 100Mp.
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
@Exaledos

this topic maybe can bring you a little further
Hi @Pieter_B , Thanks 🙂, every time i set the option i get like in the photos, also update all what i did.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2
@Exaledos

Try to remove the zero (0) from the second VID, this can be left empty.

At VDSL we no longer use vci / vpi or login data. it is sufficient to use vlan tagging instead.

For the Internet you use VLAN 300
For TV you use VLAN 640

If you use ADSL2 + then you need a VPI / VCI. these are 8/48 here you do not need PPPOE data.

I do not have an ADSL/VDSL so i can not check here those settings.
What you can try to do is use the top left button "Quick Internet Setup" in your ASUS to see if you get it via that way to work.
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
there is no modem in the asus router. it is impossible to get this working whitout the T Mobile modem.
Hi @Pieter_B , i try this way, but doesn't work 😞

@Hidden.nld , so my Router doesn't have modem what to do then, also how can i conected with T-mobile if i want, and as i see here it did have modem
https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSL-AC88U/
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
Hi @Exaledos

You have the RC version not the DSL one.

You can turn off the wifi of the T Mobile modem and connect the asus to it.
Place the Asus in DMZ of the T Mobile modem and uou are good to go.
Hi @Hidden.nld ,
I try it before but doesn't work which setting i should use when i connect my Asus to T-Mobile ?
Reputatie 7
Badge +10
reset the asus and change the asus ip to 192.168.0.1
Thanks so much guys.

Unfortunately nothing work, i don't understand i call T-mobile i ask the ICT support and they don't know ? is this joke ? they should have really background about network.

I bought the router because they told me this model Asus RT-AC88U can be work with my internet with out modem and any problem and it's too expansive to but 390 Euro, i don't know what i should say.

Sorry but this really is not professional, it\s really make you angry
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
Hi @Exaledos, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the router working. Like TAVL said we can only provide official support for our own modem. It's impossible to know all the settings for every modem/router in existence even if we wanted to! 😉

But of course that doesn't mean we won't try to help you if we can. You might need to put your router into acces point mode to be able to connect it to the modem in the way Hidden.nld described. There might be more in the router's Quick Start Guide or Manual on how to do that which you can find here.
Thanks Guys,
I bought Asus DSL-AC88U, and following:

At VDSL we no longer use vci / vpi or login data. it is sufficient to use vlan tagging instead.

[b][i]For the Internet you use VLAN 300
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
Good that it works now 👍

Reageer