Beantwoord

Zyxel T50 not turning on - PSU works

• 18 oktober 2020
  • 5 reacties
  • 134 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 3 reacties

Hi everyone,

We have received the modem and the install date has arrived, but the router is not working not turning on at all. It’s connected to its power supply, which provides a steady 12.1VDC (as per my multimeter), however not even the “Power” light comes on the router, it is just not even turning on, so most possibly damaged.

Unfortunately couldn’t find any help regarding this in English, only in Dutch (which is clear as we are living in the Netherlands, but, unfortunately my Dutch is not up to the level yet where I could find my way around).

Can someone please point me in the right direction, if there’s anything else I could try, or how to get a replacement device and how long that might take, as we aren partial lockdown and Work From Home situation Internet is very much a basic necessity at this point).

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Arpad

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason 20 oktober 2020, 17:05

Hi @Arpad, welcome to the Community!

It seems as though the power supply of the modem is either damaged or not functioning properly due to a power socket outage. You said that the multimeter shows a flowing current 12.1 V. Do other devices connected to said power socket work? Have you tried plugging the modem into another socket? 

If all of the above doesn't result in a working modem, then I'll gladly swap this one for another one. Please let me know if that's the case. I'll try to see to that as quickly as possible!

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hello @Arpad 

There is a black button in the right corner on the back of your modem, have you tried pressing that one?

Hi @Waqqas,

Thank you for your answer, indeed I tried that, multiple times, also tried the reset (small hole next to the on/off button, with a bit of wire I was able press that too.)

However no difference. 

When connecting the power supply and pressing the on/off button, it does give a faint “whining” noise, similar to a blown capacitor usually. I’m afraid it will have to be customer service in the end, but thanks for your answer and response! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hi @Arpad, welcome to the Community!

It seems as though the power supply of the modem is either damaged or not functioning properly due to a power socket outage. You said that the multimeter shows a flowing current 12.1 V. Do other devices connected to said power socket work? Have you tried plugging the modem into another socket? 

If all of the above doesn't result in a working modem, then I'll gladly swap this one for another one. Please let me know if that's the case. I'll try to see to that as quickly as possible!

Hi @Jason ,

Thank you for your answer, I might be misunderstanding you, but the actual socket is working fine and to me it seems so does the power supply for the router too.

The power supply is a steady 12.1V out, I’ve not tested if it can deliver 2.5A as stated on it (it should be able to provide 12V - 2.5A). Indeed, I have tried different sockets in the house (even if the ADSL cable wasn’t there just to test if the router boots), but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, when trying the router in different socket it still wouldn’t boot, the “power led” didn’t even come on. I did try the sockets first and they are working fine.

If you still feel it’s a power supply issue I’m more than happy to try with a new one, but I feel it’s more the router.

Thanks very much for your help!

Arpad

Hello @Jason ,

Just following up on this thread. I have been trying to reach your Klantenservice over the phone already a few times, however I was not able to be connected to an agent.

I have tested everything again, however the same result. (Router’s on/off button does not light up; tried with different sockets that work with other devices but did not help; tested power supply and it does work.)

Can you please advise how to request the new router?

Thank you,

Arpad

Reageer