Beantwoord

Bad Internet

• 2 September 2020
  • 7 reacties
  • 276 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 3 reacties

Hello,

I have t-mobile Internet for 4 months now and I have problems with the Internet ever since. Initially I had the Basic Internet. So I thought the problem is the speed so upgraded it to Fast Internet. But still I have same problem. It keeps disconnecting and there is no internet for sometimes and then it connects again but it still take ages to even load a web page. 

I have tried restarting the modem many times but it doesn't help.

Could you please look into my issue?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 2 September 2020, 13:26

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Rajx7 

Do you have glasvezel or DSL?

Is it only about the WiFi or does cables internet also not work when the signal falls away?

If glasvezel have you also tried to reset rhe mediaconverter by removing the power?

Which modem are you using and are you using any extenders for example or other network hardware? If yes could you check the modem only with everything like extenders removed

Hello @Waqqas, Thanks for your reply. Its DSL, with Zyxel T-50 router/modem. I do not have any other equipment or extenders. Unfortunately my laptop doesn't have LAN port so I cannot test the Wired connection. 

Cheers

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Rajx7

And the globe on your modem does it light up red or not? This indicates that the whole connection falls away.

WiFi Plus might be an option for you if it's only the WiFi.

The globe light on the modem blink rapidly (green) and some times goes dark for few secs. The wifi bars on my laptop goes downs to 1 or 2 bars only.

Reputatie 6

Hi @Rajx7 , the green blinking is totally normal. Only when the light is red, there is an issue. The strength of the Wifi depends on a couple of things. For example: the distance to the modem, a barrier (walls) or a neighboring Wifi-network. We cannot adjust everything, but we can optimize it! On our Community are some tools that improve the range and stability of your Wifi. Look here for the explanation: https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/info-haal-het-maximale-uit-jouw-wifi-276063. Adjusting the Wifi channel in particular is usually the solution. We recommend the use of the automatic channel. 

Good luck with the tips!

Hi @Ginny,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I tried literally sitting next the WiFi and I cant even hear the other person on the call or open a web page. There is something wrong with the network. I will try to follow the tips you shared. If it doesn't help, I am probably gonna switch the service provider. Its really annoying specially when working from home and having issue with the network all the time. This is not what I signed up for. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hey @Rajx7,

Don't worry, we’ll certainly get this resolved for you! It's just a matter of finding the problem, and once it is found it should be no problem to get your Wifi network up and running. Hopefully the tips provided by Ginny have worked? Otherwise could you please provide me with a speedtest like the one you'll find on our site: T-Mobile speedtest. If you prefer a third party speed test, please use the widely acclaimed Ookla speedtest: Ookla speedtest.

Eager to hear the results!

Reageer