Beantwoord

Bad placement of T Mobile Modem in the house

• 27 October 2018
  • 2 reacties
  • 351 Bekeken

Dear T Mobile Service Team,
I recently moved from KPN to T Mobiel in the hope that the internet service will be good. It was a pretty long wait to get the monteur to come and install the Vigor2132FVn.

Our house is with 3 floors i.e. Ground Floor with the MeterKast, First Floor with the Fritz WIfi Repeater and the 2nd Floor with the super-Bad WiFi.

We told the monteur that we have a WiFi problem in the 2nd floor and requested him to install the modem in the first floor. But he wanted to have a quick job done, so he just plugs in the Dreytek into the Meterkast with the Fibercable, puts in the WiFi repeater in the first floor and shows us very good measurements from the 2nd floor. It seemed fine for some days.

My question to T Mobile is :
a) What was the need to send in a monteur as I could have done this stupid job of putting in the router in the meterkast and plugging in a wifi repeater in the first floor and alsomaking me pay for it as part of the abonnement. Apparently, this ensures that WiFi quality is checked in the whole house. Nice joke!

b) When I call customer service and describe my problem , I am told that I should see the fine print where T Mobile guantees good Wifi on 1foor above and below the router only. So they are legally right!

Interestingly, the reality is that your monteur was able to convince us that the T Mobile routers are super good with a customer service that will respond to any issue we have. So far, my problem is the same as with the pervious provider.

I must say that the router is fine, There is no WiFi issue in the Ground Floor or the FIrst Floor.
Can there be a sensible solution to this issue?
icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 27 October 2018, 22:32

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Hi rve150, I would like to elaborate a bit on the points Hidden already made. We send a mechanic because your fiber connection is actually very fragile and installing the modem incorrectly could cause damage which get's very costly very quickly. The signal coming through the fiber also isn't visible to eh naked eye but looking in to the receiving might cause eye damage. We prefer our customers to be safe and would like to ensure a properly working connection which is why we always send a mechanic to install a fiber connection.

In regards to the Wifi, as you already mentioned we guarantee a Wifi connection up to 1 floor away from the modem, so in this case the first floor. The modem is almost always installed in the 'meterkast' because it has to be installed close to the connection point (FTU). As Hidden mentioned you can use a Wifi repeater or Wifi mesh to also get a good signal on the third floor. I'm using the TP-Link Decco mesh solution Hidden mentioned myself and it's definitely worth the money!
Reputatie 7
hi @rve150,

unfortunet the draytek modem needs to be connected whitin 1,5m of the fiber line and only allowed bij authorised personal. WiFi belongs to the customers domain, if you buy a aditional wifi repeater @ your local hardware store you can resolve this issue. you can get an aditional fritz repeater or go for the multi room wifi solutions like tp link decco.

wifi speeds may vary during the day due to interferrence.

Reageer