Beantwoord

Cable error [8180] - no internet for over a month

• 25 April 2019
  • 7 reacties
  • 1616 Bekeken

Hi everyone,

Quite literally, for over a month, we have no internet in the house. The internet worked for about 5 days and then just stopped. This last month was filled with numerous calls, occasionally longer than 30 minutes, with T-Mobile customer service. While the customer service people were very friendly and polite, they made several empty promises (for former KPN providers never got in touch with us by phone / message; T-mobile never followed up on us despite promising to do so and etc). It has been totally disruptive to my work (I have spent over 100euros on cafes since I was forced to work from there), not to mention the disruptions to personal life (netfilx ...). As a 'solution' T Mobile did give my partner unlimited data for his phone till issue is resolved (he has mobile as provider). Their 'solution' did not fix my work situation.

My question is: how many months did it take TMobile to resolve your issue or did you end your contract? Any other tips will be appreciated.

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 30 April 2019, 13:17

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Hi @van_i, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience! Has your connection since been restored or are we still working on it? If the last is the case then send me a private message with your full address, your date of birth and the last four digits of your bankaccount number and I'll see what I can do!
Hi @Brian ,

I have the same problem. My internet connection is interrupted hundreds of times in a day. Not possible to have a good experience.

Do you have a suggestion for me as well?
Reputatie 7
Hey @ian1988, I want to solve this problem for you! Do you experience these problems with your cabled or Wifi connection? And which lights are turned on, when your connection is interrupted? I want to ask you to send me a DM with your postal code, house number, date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account. Looking forward to solve this problem for you as soon as possible!
hi Piotr

PM sent.
I have these problems with both cabled and wifi connections. When my internet is gone, all of my devices are disconnected from the internet. When my internet connection is interrupted, internet light stops illuminating. then I get the same message (cable error 8180) from my device. It doesn't make a difference if I have only one device connected to the modem or more than 1 device is connected.
Reputatie 7
Hey @ian1988, our technical department is still working on a solution! However, do keep in mind that it's very busy at the moment and that it will take a few days before you'll receive any response. My apologies for the inconvenience!

Hello, I have the same problems as @van_i and @ian1988 . Internet was working perfectly for months and since two weeks the internet connection is down every five minutes and it is unusable, both with wifi and ethernet. I have contacted the customer service and the technicians said it is the bridge tap problem, but that's weird because a technician changed my isra punt in March. Could you please look into my issue too? Thank you!

Reputatie 7

@tompi Welcome to the T-Mobile Community! I would ask you not to post the same question multiple times as this is against house rules. Have no fear, you will always receive an answer from our mods. :wink: 

Reageer