Beantwoord

Cannot access my website or email via T-mobile network

• 26 November 2020
  • 19 reacties
  • 447 Bekeken

HI, 

I am not able to connect to my own website and/or access my email via my own T-mobile network. 

I called with customer support which ask me to place a query over here. 

That website works in any other network, as well, on my laptop when using a hotspot for example. 

All devices connected to the networks are not able to reach the website. 

Everything that I could find was done already. Restart, factory reset modem, and so on. 

I also try to ping and trace route on the modem and I am not able to reach it.. 

Any suggestions? 

Regards, 

icon

Beste antwoord door diogoguilherme 9 December 2020, 18:53

Bekijk origineel

19 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @diogoguilherme 

Could you give a link to the website you're trying to acces? What message do you see and which modem are you using?

Sure! 

modem: ZyXEL VMG8825-T50

I already checked with my website provider and everything fine. Also if that was not the case, I would not be able to reach it for any other way. 

Regards, 

Diogo 

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Can you use the traceroute function. That will show where it gets stuck to reach the website.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@diogoguilherme

It's working fine here, same modem with cloudflare DNS. Maybe give it a try?

Log in to 192.168.1.1, username admin password on the back of your modem, go to menu > netwerkinstelling > thuisnetwerk > look under LAN configuratie for DNS waarden, check statisch and fill in 1.1.1.1 and under it 1.0.0.1. toepassen and restart your modem.

Can you use the traceroute function. That will show where it gets stuck to reach the website.

Traceroute has started…

traceroute to thelocalfeeling.com (80.172.241.40), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets

1  home (192.168.1.1)  2.306 ms  1.918 ms  1.483 ms

2  1-176-178-143.ftth.glasoperator.nl (143.178.176.1)  9.097 ms  6.867 ms  6.633 ms

3  10.10.80.98 (10.10.80.98)  6.819 ms  7.496 ms  6.665 ms

4  te-0-0-1-1-tc1-br1.router.nl.clara.net (80.249.209.228)  7.178 ms  8.118 ms  10.302 ms

5  tlx-ar1-0-0-0-23.router.pt.clara.net (195.22.9.7)  42.082 ms *  40.036 ms

6  not-assigned (77.91.207.126)  39.157 ms  39.217 ms  39.518 ms

7  80.172.218.9 (80.172.218.9)  42.962 ms  46.349 ms  45.257 ms

8  * * *

9  * * *

10  *

Any updates? I already opened a ticket with back office but waiting time is 13 days.. And I gotta be able to work! Regards,

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@diogoguilherme 

Did you try my suggestion?

@diogoguilherme

Did you try my suggestion?

Yes, I did. I am not sure why that reply was not posted. Nothing happened… 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @diogoguilherme, our technicians are processing your ticket as we speak. Sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected! 

One our colleagues is currently analyzing your connection, I expect a solution by Thursday. If it's solved today or tomorrow, we'll let you know immediately. Thank you for your patience!

Hi Jason, thanks! 

I also notice a much slower connection since then - your colleague reported that there was also a problem with the line itself. 

It will be great to have this fixed asap. I have been quite patient and this is getting a bit out of hand. 

Would love to hear from you before Thursday tho. 

Regards,

Reputatie 7

Hi @diogoguilherme We are still investigating but if it also doesn't work with a different DNS then it might not be on our end. What using a different DNS does is give you a different “route” to your destination with a different navigator so to speak. However if both lead you down the same path then it might be the route itself that's faulty. Could you also do a traceroute while using the Cloudflare or Google DNS? I'm curious to see if those stop at the same ‘hop’.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your message.  

I already did all that things. It is clearly a problem on your end. Since I explain more than a week ago to your colleagues - several times. It looks like the information did not reach you guys correctly. 

If you give me the instructions to do that, will be great. I hope to have this solve today since I am tired of spending all my 4g and hotspot to be able to work on my website & email - Which I can access anywhere else via hotspot or ANY other Wifi. Which clearly leads to a problem on your end.

This goes already for more than 2 weeks, and I would also like to know what's the remain issue with the connection that your colleagues spoke. I will just ask for a refund + change internet provider - as soon as I can - if that is easier.

Regards,

Diogo 

Here it goes the traceroute with Cloudfire. 

MacBook-Pro:~ diogoguilherme$ traceroute www.thelocalfeeling.com

traceroute to thelocalfeeling.com (80.172.241.40), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets

1  192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1)  3.125 ms  3.219 ms  1.832 ms

2  1-176-178-143.ftth.glasoperator.nl (143.178.176.1)  8.325 ms  8.051 ms  7.381 ms

3  10.10.80.98 (10.10.80.98)  8.433 ms  10.061 ms  7.187 ms

4  te-0-0-1-1-tc1-br1.router.nl.clara.net (80.249.209.228)  8.810 ms  10.316 ms  8.255 ms

5  tlx-ar1-0-0-0-23.router.pt.clara.net (195.22.9.7)  41.389 ms  40.470 ms  44.487 ms

6  not-assigned (77.91.207.126)  39.665 ms  49.135 ms  42.322 ms

7  80.172.218.9 (80.172.218.9)  43.286 ms  43.120 ms  43.434 ms

8  * * *

9  * * *

10  * * *

11  * *

If it was an issue with the host provider - I assume -  I won't be able to access my webmail as soon as I connect my hotspot, neither with my laptop connected to another wifi network. 

Regards, 

Diogo 

Any updates on this? And what are the next steps to resolve this issue?… 

Reputatie 7

Hi @diogoguilherme, thank you for the second traceroute, this one doesn’t seem to have any issues so it looks like it might indeed be on our end. I’ve added all the information and traceroutes to the support ticket for our network team and my colleagues will contact you as soon as the issue has been resolved. In the meantime I can offer you a 7 day voucher for mobile so that you don’t have to use data for the hotspot (and without a daily limit). Send me a private message and I will provide you with the voucher!

Reputatie 7

Hi @diogoguilherme I already send you a private message but I wanted to post it here as well to see if anyone else might have an idea:

I have just received word from my colleagues and they aren't able to reach the website through a different ISP either so they are of the opinion that it might be the webserver that's causing issues.

I was looking at the ping trace results again and I noticed I didn't see it correctly last time, there is hardly any difference between the 2 results. If I understand correctly you aren't able to reach the website using our DNS (the first results) and can reach the website when you are when using the Cloudfire DNS (the second result), correct? In that case it doesn't seem to be a DNS issue because the routing that is used is identical and so are the ping results. Just a double check, you're not using a VPN or any other kind of software are you?

I've just tried it on my end and I AM able to reach the website (I'm using a different ISP because I need to be able to get online during network outages).The weird thing is however, I can acces the website just fine but I tried running a trace and then I get a 'hostname cannot be resolved' error. I've tried different variations of the website and other websites are resolved just fine. So there seems to be an issue with resolving the domain name for this website. Usually this is a DNS issue but since it's happening with multiple providers I'm inclined to agree with my colleagues that it's not a network issue but a webserver/registration issue. Maybe you can contact the hosting company again with these findings and inform about the next steps that you could take. If there is anything we can assist with on our end then I'm happy to help!

Hey Brian, 

No VPN, neither any other kind of software. In both (first and second case) I am NOT able to reach the website - no matter which DNS I am using. 

I have been in contact with my domain provider and they say everything is fine on their end. Which for me made sense - since I can access the website via any other network. And the email also. 

Regarding the “trace and then I get a 'hostname cannot be resolved' error” - I do not have enough knowledge regarding that - but will share that with them. 

I will be totally fine with your answer if I was able to reach my website/email via your network. Now, since it is the only network that I am not able to reach it, I find it difficult to be an issue on the other end. 

I will try to contact them again, but would appreciate to do not close the case till further notice, neither stop investigating it. 

Regards,

Diogo 

Hey Brian, 

I just got in contact with them and strange enough it was now on their side. 

It was a firewall rule that was put in place. 

Sorry for bringing this up, but to be honest, it really looked like it was on your side. 

Thanks for your support and all is working now. 

Regards,

Diogo 

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@diogoguilherme Great to hear that everything is working fine right now! I'm also glad to hear that it's not a problem in our server.

Reageer