Beantwoord

Cannot get Huawei HG569 to talk to Brother HL 1212W printer

Hi all,

I am trying to install a Brother HL 1212W printer over the network. The printer was given by a friend who said her installation went very smoothly. Unfortunately this hasn’t been the case for me, and after several hours of frustration I am reaching out to see if anyone here has experienced something similar and knows the way out.

When I reboot the printer, it will after a while print a paper with a “WLAN report”, which states “Connection: Failed (Error : TS-02)”. It then suggests me to reboot the router (which I’ve already tried), to check if my WLAN access point is using MAC address filtering, and some more advances stuff which I don’t even get (I’d think making a home wireless printer connect to a router shouldn’t require advanced knowledge on these things).

Googling hasn’t taken me very far and similar questions in the community (e.g. 1 and 2) are not really the same, so any thoughts are appreciated.

icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 15 March 2020, 19:27

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi @FelipeF 

Try to reset the network settings of the printer. After that do a new network search for available routers. Make sure 2.4 GHz Wifi is active as this printer does not connect to 5 GHz Wifi.

Here is a trick to reset the network settings https://support.brother.com/g/s/id/htmldoc/printer/cv_hl1210w/uke/index.html#GUID-AD10E66A-D2ED-4BDB-8C52-550C32029372_52

Although for me it’s absolutely unclear how you can connect to your router as this printer has no display at all! Pretty weird system...

Regards, Folkert

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi @FelipeF 

An addition:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hl1212w_us_eu&faqid=faq00002037_031

This should do the trick. Not very user friendly in my honest opinion.

Hi @Folkert 

Thanks a lot for putting the effort into this.

I have followed the instructions, with no success. One interesting thing is that apparently I’m supposed to make sure the top lid closed as a first thing, then if things go wrong check the report that is printed through the… top lid?

In any case, the light was blinking until the printer gave up.

Then comes another question: I wanted to make sure the router is set up correctly and had a look here. It says “(...) press and hold the WPS button on the HG659 for 1 second. The WLAN indicator blinks”. Well, what exactly is the WLAN indicator in the Huawei hg659? I see a lot of buttons with abbreviations, but no WLAN…

Thanks again

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @FelipeF, no worries I’m sure you’ll be able to make the printer work soon! The WLAN indicator is the LED light to the right of the “Internet” indicator on the front side of the modem, to the left of the “VoIP” LED.

Hi @Jason, thank you for the tip.

Unfortunately mine looks slightly different:

Should I assume my “WiFi” LED is what is referred to as WLAN?

Thanks again

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good afternoon @FelipeF, that’s correct! Your Wifi LED is the WLAN indicator. Is your connection working yet? Otherwise, I’ll gladly assist you, there’s always a solution! :blush:

Hi @Jason. The WiFi LED is generally blinking all the time, regardless of pushing the WPS button or not. I’ve tried pushing it and waiting (several times) after pushing the button in the printer. The connection always fails. I also tried changing the 2.4 GHz Frequency Band Channel (from Auto to 1 and 6), nothing changed. Any thoughts?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @FelipeF, thanks for the explanation! The Wifi LED blinking isn’t something to worry about too much, that usually occurs when it comes to Wifi. Have you tried forgetting the Wifi-network on the printer itself? Can other devices still connect to the Wifi? It seems as though there’s an issue within the printer.

Hi @FelipeF, thanks for the explanation! The Wifi LED blinking isn’t something to worry about too much, that usually occurs when it comes to Wifi. Have you tried forgetting the Wifi-network on the printer itself? Can other devices still connect to the Wifi? It seems as though there’s an issue within the printer.

The printer doesn’t have a display so it’s hard to do anything with it without being able to connect to it (yes, it’s a paradox...), so forgetting the network is not an option… The Wifi in general works just fine (I’m using it right now). There could indeed be an issue with the printer, but it’s quite hard to check. It was given by a friend who had it working perfectly at her place (and who by the way managed to get it to work with her Wifi seamlesly)

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @FelipeF, aah I understand, then it’s definitely quite hard to find out what exactly is wrong with it! If the Wifi works fine on other devices, I can almost guarantee that it’s a printer-issue. Are there any specific steps your friend followed in order to get the printer to connect to Wifi? When you connect the printer via cable, does your laptop recognize the printer at all? Maybe try installing the the latest drivers and updates. That always works like a charm!

Thanks Jason, the printer doesn’t have a cable. My friend says she didn’t really have to do much. I think the last hope is really to find a cable for it...

Reputatie 7

Hey @FelipeF

Please let us know if the cabled connection with the printer did the trick! :relaxed: A driver update of the printer could also solve this issue. 

@Jason, @Piotr it’s solved :)

The issue was indeed on the printer’s side.

Thanks for all the support here

Reputatie 6

Great to hear @FelipeF

Reageer