Beantwoord

Connection Really Slow, Worst experience ever with T-Mobile

• 26 September 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 564 Bekeken

I'm having the worst experience ever with your services, since day 1, I had no connection whatsoever for almost 3 months, and after being frustrated for so long time, you guys managed somehow to make things work, for a while ... but as fast my happiness has started it immediately, I'm again with a shameless connection, using some tools to measure the speed, Download speeds are ok, but the Upload ... sometimes reach the incredible speed of 0 ... ZERO. I have already scheduled a visit with the technician, at this moment this guy become a family member already since he has visited us more often than some of our close friends. Likely he will again not have a clue on whats going on with our connection like happened before.

Seriously, how come guys? Is there any way to fix it for real this time?

By the way, how can I have my money back after so long time paying for something that just doesn't work?
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 8 October 2019, 17:05

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Again, like I said, the problem is not with T-mobile but the Optical Cable provider, T-mobile told me that I have to wait for KPN call, I'm waiting... 3 days right now... Likely I'll have to cancel it... This is so irritating...
Reputatie 7
Hi @Papacidero, wow that sounds like you got real close with our mechanic 😉 We're in contact with the grid operator and I expect it to be solved in the coming days!

hi all. 

i am very disappointed about t-mobile service. 

I have 1GB fiber optic abonnement and I am always connected via LAN wire cable. I can see that the connection in download has a max speed of 300MBS and upload 400 MBps. I hoped that the connection at least could be doubled (especially with the wire). 

I use a Zyxel modem and a media converter. Of course with the qifi is slower (i'd like to also improve that one). 

since the beginning i had different issues. 1st no line for 1 week

2nd my line was breaking up 

after 2 weeks a mechanic came saying the ping was too high so he adjusted in the unit fiber optic to make the right speed but i need to admit that it is actually slower than the first month when all was properly working. Hope someone here can help me because I am really going to deactivate it and start a class action to get reimbursed.

thank you,

Daniel

Reputatie 7

Hi @danipoly You should definitely be able to reach higher speeds then that, it should be close to 1000 Mbit/s over LAN. How are you doing the speedtest? You get the most reliable results by using the ookla speedtest desktop app (so not through a browser).

Make sure the LAN cable is at least cat 5e or higher and preferably do the speedtest with different devices on different times of day to get a reliable average result. Also try testing different ports and with a different cable if possible to make sure that’s not the cause of the lower speed.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10525152069.png

I use cat6 cable indeed. I also used the app but i get the same result. 

I am a bit disappointed because i was expecting more. Is there anything tmobile can do? my ping is usually 9-10 which i hoped was around 0… 

Thank you

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @danipoly, thank you for the speedtest! Can you please send us a speedtest which shows the whole desktop so our technicians can verify that it is indeed run on a laptop/PC connected with an ethernet cable? 

The screenshot should show an icon resembling this one:

It may seem somewhat childish, but lots of speedtests are checked and later returned when it's been labeled as having been checked on Wifi.

I'm sure we'll find the solution and acquire higher download speeds. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Jason thanks for your response. 

Please find attached the speedtest by OOKla and as you can see I'm with the cable (as i've been always)! 
I think it's very ridicoulous the speed (download/upload i get and also the PING). 

As of last week a technician KPN came “to improve the speed and the ping” but in the end I can see thespeed is worse than before. I must admit i'm really disappointed. Please note that the PC is new, the cable is category 6 (indeed on purpose bought for fast speed connection) hence, I do believe is on T-mobile to resolve my issue. In 2 months i had 1month and half issues (counting that for 2 weeks I was without internet due to the fiber connection point). 

I don't want to be rewarded anymore with free gb internet for the phone (and then doing hotspot). I think for a such big and well-known company this is very ridicoulous. 

Hope you could help me out with that and sending someone competent on this matter.

Regards,

Daniele

Hi, is there anyone who is able to help me out? 
Or do I need contact again the customer service by phone? 

THX and Rgds,

Daniel

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @danipoly, sorry that somehow we did not respond to your previous comment. I looked at the speedtest, and it is indeed much lower than it should be. However, I also see that you a lot of open programs and running processes. At the same time, it is hard for me to detect anything that's off regarding your internet connection.

Therefore, could you please send us a speedtest in which your PC or laptop is only running the Ookla Speedtest app whilst shutting down all background processes, VPNs, and security programs, as they can take away a lot of the internet speed. Additionally, I recommend you to only have this PC or laptop connected to the modem whilst doing the test.

Of course additional app devices should not significantly impact your connection speed, but sometimes some devices have an unexpected impact on your connection.

I'm quite confident that the speedtest will perform much better with these measures, but please let me know if it is not the case and I'll certainly make sure that we take measures to solve it! For now, I hope you enjoy Boxing day.

Reageer