Beantwoord

Draytek 2132F ethernet ports 3-4 not working for internet

• 26 August 2018
  • 3 reacties
  • 2641 Bekeken

Apparently, the ethernet ports 3 and 4 are somehow disabled because the devices can not get DHCP addresses. I connect a laptop to port 3 and it does not get IP address, but when I connect to Port 2, it gets it immediately.
Since Port 1 is connected to the Fritz Wlan repeater, it only leaves Port 2 free.
I tried logging in as "admin" in the Draytek router, but the default password does not work. When I log in as "user", I can not see any options to enable / disable ethernet ports.I tried to log in as "admin" in the Draytek router, but the default password does not work. When I log in as "user", I can not see any options to enable / disable ethernet ports.I have the Fiber 100
icon

Beste antwoord door Lodan 26 August 2018, 22:24

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 3
Hi Fvieira,

Welcome to the T-Mobile forums :)

I'm no expert at the T-Mobile Thuis routers, but to my understanding ports 3 & 4 are used for the landline phone and TV set-up boxes and shouldn't be used for internet distribution.

I myself have the same issue with a modem (different company) and use an external accesspoint (with 8 Ethernet ports) instead.
I understand it might be a hassle as you need a little switch to connect multiple devices with a cable instead.
I don't have phone or TV, so it would be good to use these ports, especially since they are gigabit ethernet ports.
Hi fvieira,

It would be good, it's not happening... the ports are reserved, the firmware image is locked and the story ends for us with this specific router ;)

If you don't use phone (tv can still work) you can also replace the system with getting yourself an own fiber convertor and then looping to your own router. If you're capable and willing to set up vlan's you can then split internet and tv as well (so to get tv working).

That way you can get more ports from your router, for now.. .either a switch/router needs to be added, but you won't get more ports sadly.

Reageer