Beantwoord

DSL wiring in socket

hi,
Can anyone please help me to connect the right cable.
I got Zyxel T50 router and i see that the DSL cable is not connected.

If i am correct, some of these two wires need to be connected.
I am attaching the photo here.
there is some a a r b b nodes in the piece which i am holding in hand.

Please tell me which colour goes in which one.
as mentioned in the T mobile guide, i have tried connecting red to red (of dsl cable) and blue to green (of dsl cable) wires, but still not working.

I am new to all these things, so detailed explanation will be very very helpful.
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 13 August 2019, 13:24

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Hello @PSPatil

That looks like an old stap58 KPN (PTT) cable, which also was used for other telecom systems.
But for the telephone section you should use either black/transparent or white/transparent to make it work.

If that does not work, try to contact customer support of T-Mobile to help you out.
tried both combinations .... no connection still ... 😞
Reputatie 7
Hi @PSPatil, it looks like we are sending a mechanic over to help you with the connection. We will get you online as soon as possible!
Yes. the technician is visiting on 7th August. This is like after 2 weeks.

The issue is i just need small info for connecting 2 wires.

If someone guides me,then i can try and if i succeed, we can save time, resource, environment, fuel etc so many things.
Also, i will get to enjoy internet soon.

I hope someone will do some marking on the photo and guide me soon..... i am hopeful and waitingggggggggggggggggggg for helppppppp
Reputatie 7
Hi @PSPatil, since black/transparent and white/transparent both aren't working I'm afraid there might be a problem with the incoming line. However maybe @Hidden.nld might have some a suggestion in the meantime!
any way i can check online status of my DSL line , whether active or not?
Hi Brian,
Could you please check status of my DSL line if it is activate or not ?
if not activated then i can request T Mobile to get it activated before mechanic visit on 7th August?
Reputatie 7
Hi @PSPatil, your line was activated on the 16th of July however it doesn't seem to be connecting to anything. Hopefully our mechanic can fix this issue when he/she visits you!
Reputatie 7
@PSPatil Sorry i missed this one.

there are 2 options. grey Transparant and Black Transparant.
Put them in A and B. if that doesn’t work the need to send KPN for testing an labeling.
Hello @Brian

The technician visited today and said that KPN technician will have to come and resolve the issue.
Could you please let me know the ticket number that T Mobile raised with KPN for technician visit / issue resolution?

it will be soon one month without internet. Seriously, this is not really the speed of service activation that i expected.

Kindly request you to let me know the ticket/request number raised with KPN
Reputatie 7
Hi @PSPatil, your connection seems to be up since yesterday, good to see! Should you still experiencing any trouble then do let me know, I'll be happy to help!
Yes ... connection is established. My internet got activated from 7th August. Hope my monthly bill will reflect correct charges.

The Technician who came to resolve the issue found out that the socket is very old one so he called up another experienced technician. The experienced technician then did some troubleshooting and there was some issue with connection in the basement distribution box. There they did some work and found and sorted the issue.

socket with new one mentioning that the new one will give good speed. I am very happy the way KPN Technician did their job.
Reputatie 7
Hey @PSPatil,

That's great! I've made sure that a correction will be made on the next invoice (September). Please let me know if you have any other questions as well. 😄

Reageer