Beantwoord

Frequent 'Connected, No Internet'

Hi,

Our T-Mobile home internet WiFi usually works pretty well. However, every 5-10 days or so the internet connection status on devices becomes ‘connected, no internet’. All lights tend to be on on the router apart from the internet (globe) one at these points.

What follows is usually hours of me switching the router on and off, resetting using a pen and the recessed small button, unplugging/plugging in the power to the router. Sometimes this works, usually it doesn’t.

Obviously, this is very frustrating. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to the timings of these issues, and they normally go away by themselves after a day or two. Does anyone have an idea as to why these consistent problems occur? Is there any way to stop this from happening? Up to now we’ve just continued to sit out these periods and burn through mobile data while hotspotting, but our patience has run out. As things stand, we haven’t had a working WiFi connection since Sunday.

I saw from these forums that quite a few people have had this same issue in the past.

Thanks.

icon

Beste antwoord door Ctjbrennan 10 March 2020, 18:27

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Ctjbrennan 

Do you have a DSL connection or Fiber?

If you have a dsl connection, are you using the grey DSL cable that came along and is it connected to your ISRA? Only red and blue should be connected.other cables/wires can cause problems.

Hi @Waqqas 

I have a DSL connection and the grey cable is connected to the isra. I'm not sure what red and blue you mean; I have cables connected to lan3 and lan4 on my router, and this setup works fine 90% of the time.

We are a third evening in a row without WiFi today, however.

Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Is your ISRA the box that came with your modem or is it a wall socket? If you open these you will see a red wire and blue wire connected, make sure nothing else is connected.

Hi @Waqqas 

I googled isra initially, so I hope I'm talking about the thing as you!

I've attached a picture of the setup. I don't see wires of any particular colours in what I believe is the isra.

The DSL runs through a splitter and becomes these two wires in.

Thanks!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Looks fine to me. When you did a reset using a small pin to press the reset button on the back of your modem did you press and hold if for about 10 seconds so everything will go to default?

Hi @Waqqas 

Yes, I held it until all lights turned off, and they switched back on when I let up. I tried this multiple times the past few days.

I have WiFi functioning again now since my last post, although I didn't do anything different than previously. It seems totally random when it comes and goes.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Ctjbrennan 

All is sorted now? It could have been a small issue with the KPN line going to your house.

Hi @Waqqas 

It's back to normal now, but is it just a case that customers need to accept that service can drop for no reason a few times a month?

For things like working from home, especially considering the current health climate, this is a pretty big issue.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Ctjbrennan 

No that's not something you will have to accept. It should work fine normally like all other providers.

I see you are using a Y-cable, this will connect all 4 wires  I would advise you to use a standard DSL cable like the DSL cable that came with the modem.

Hi @Waqqas 

Thanks for the tip. I will try and use a different cable and hopefully that will help. WiFi is down again already.

I'm having the same issue. We've connected the green cable to the phone line (adsl).

However during moving in we lost all the other cables. So if I understand we need a Grey cable, could you please send me one?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @JoHeinous, a brand new gray DSL-cable will be delivered within four tot seven days, tops!

Hi @Waqqas 

Thanks for the tip. I will try and use a different cable and hopefully that will help. WiFi is down again already.

Did the grey cable solve the issue?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

My apologies @JoHeinous, the gray cable has been replaced by a green one, apparently. This doesn't affect its purpose, however, and should work in the exact same way!

Reageer