Beantwoord

Getting the half speed of 100 mbit dsl

• 28 November 2018
  • 4 reacties
  • 499 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 5 reacties
Hi,

I have a 100 Mbit dsl internet subscription at home. However, the speed I get with Ethernet cable is ~ 50 mbit / s.
Gaming is quite laggy and streaming is slow too.

Here is the link for the speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7836895982

I also checked the web-site you'll probably say the max speed test via https://netco-fpi-info.fourstack.nl/. The result is:

Technology
Internet Speed
Buyer / DSL
71 Mbit / s
Bonded Buyer / DSL
143 Mbit / s

And here you can find the picture picture (KPN Technician changed this very recently):

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 4 December 2018, 17:02

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Hi aoz,

As you don't have bonded DSL, 50 Mbit is not that bad for a theoretical max. of 71 Mbit.
A ping time of 13 ms is very good! I get 12 ms at home with my cable provider so quite the same and this is fine for games like Overwatch for example.

Regards, Folkert
Reputatie 7
Hi aoz, good to read that the grid operator was finally able to fix your incoming connection! I just checked your incoming speed and currently it's a maximum of 55 Mbps (this may vary depending on external influences) so you're getting close to the current maximum. The incoming line is stable so you shouldn't be experiencing any problems. If this is still the case then you could try testing with a different LAN-port (either 1 or 2) and/or a different UTP cable. I can send you a spare cable if you don't have any laying around.

In regards to the speed, I can also lower your current subscription to 50 Mbps instead of 100 Mbps in which case your speed will be 'capped' at the 50 Mbps maximum. If you want to lower your subscription do let me know!
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Lowering this to 50Mbps sounds logical but I am not sure whether I can get maximum out of it. What do you think the speed will look like in that case?

Thanks.
Reputatie 7
Hi aiz, apologies for the late reply! If you were to lower your subscription to 50 Mbps then that will in theory be the maximum speed. So it won't have much of an influence when compared to your current speed. In practice you sometimes also get speeds slightly above the maximum cap if there is a higher speed available so you might not even notice a difference at all. Let me know if you want to change your subscription to 50 Mbps, then I'll make the change for you.

Reageer