Beantwoord

high latency/ping

• 13 August 2019
  • 13 reacties
  • 1359 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 8 reacties

Hello, I am a new subscriber and i got zyxel VMG8825-T50. i have problem with latency/ping, few seconds ping is low and stable and after that latency is raising high then it decreases and over and over again.

With the LAN cable everything is stable, i noticed that the problem is only with wifi.

Any ideas?
icon

Beste antwoord door tmoesel 14 August 2019, 10:25

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

i would like to add that the modem is right next to my computer

Reputatie 6
i would like to add that the modem is right next to my computer
The numbers are or can be normal behavior for a connection via WiFi. Most packets arrive within 1ms, just like via a LAN cable.
The ones that don't are normally a sign that there is other WiFi activity, nieghbours, microwaves, industry, etc. This is how it works, you share 'the free air'.
If you don't want this, use a cable.
i had before ziggo internet and with them i never noticed something like that. For example its impossible to play games on wifi, it is unacceptable to me.
Reputatie 6
Thers are WiFi issues with the T50, so don't expect the same as for Ziggo.The box from Ziggo might have put your laptop on the best/5GHz band, while the T50 in your case sticks to 2,4GHz band.

You could force 5GHz only and see if it improves.
i have been spoken with help desk via phone, they made some update to my router and i have to wait 2 days 😅 anyway i dont count that the problem dissapear after 2 days from update.
Reputatie 6
maybe have a look at https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/houd-2-4g-en-5g-hetzelfde-314106

i turned off 2.4g from the settings and i left only 5g but the problem still exist.
maybe the problem is on the router side, but i dont have another one router to check it:
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Hi there @pat37, I would love to help! Improving your WiFi is always something we can look at. That's exactly why we have this WiFi topic (Dutch). First, I want to know if your cabled connection is stable. Do you receive the full speed?
When i cabled connection the latency is stable. I tried to change the channels or wifi connection to 5ghz but its not working. the ping still raising.

i already made appointment for serviceman but the available dates was from 16 September, so i have to wait 1 month for somebody to help me 😂

in attachment screen from pinging by cable.

Reputatie 6
@pat37 I would have a look with a WiFi analyzer app in your home environment and see what that shows.
And maybe try also another computer/laptop. It looks like this is windows 10, it could be that the new network object created by windows10 is a reason that there are hickups. There miht be something in the background for this new wifi object that wasn't on the ziggo one. At least you have new/different local subnet I think. Also ziggo has ipv6 AFAIK, TMT not.
on another laptop ping raising too.

tmnl-33d381

Reputatie 6
@pat37 On second thought, looking at all the numbers, channels etc, those several high ping latency numbers are not caused by a typical RF collision of packets in the air. Re-transmit should be much faster I think, so I guess there is something else wrong in (your) Zyxel. Maybe a factory reset could help, but you still don't know what flavor of software/firmware T-Mobile has put in this new boxes.
If for example 1 skype call would be ruined by this (cracks etc), I would simply disable the wifi and use and own other wifi ap. Or not even use the Zyxel at all.
You can wait till 16 sept, but then still it is not sure if the problem will be solved.

Same problem here pour zyxel t-50 modem performance wired and wifi… @pat37  did you figure something out in the end?

Reageer