Beantwoord

Home internet problems (optic fiber)

• 25 January 2020
  • 19 reacties
  • 483 Bekeken

I’ve just performed some tests, both with wi-fi and ethernet and the speed is very low.

I am supposed to have 100 Mbit upload/download but I am reaching 4 Mibit download and 49 Mbit upload.

I already tried to restart the modem but with no luck.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 26 January 2020, 00:20

Bekijk origineel

19 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @Menego 

Did you also try to reset your mediaconverter by removing it from the electricity? Also do you have your own equipment connected to your modem?

The best thing to do is removing everything and after resetting the mediaconverter and modem connect a laptop direct to your modem cabled, check your speed by using the Ookla speedtest app and if the speed is good check your wifi speed as well.

Now connect all your devices one by one and see for yourself when the problem occurs.

Yes I have done everything. I noticed a pattern though, after a couple of hours the speed came to normal. I had this problem also the day before and now. It seems that around 8pm the speed collapses. Any clue?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8982108693.png

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Menego,

Welcome to the Community! Could you post a screenshot of a speedtest (speedtest.net) via ethernet cable, please? The issue with the speed collapsing around 8 PM (ish), sounds like a Wifi-issue. We’re here to help you out so no worries. Have you tried performing a factory reset yet? 

Both screens in the previous comments were taken with ethernet cable on 2 different days (evenings). If this evening (I hope not) this happens again I will take another one with laptop and ethernet.

Cheers.

Anyway other people in Eindhoven are having the same issue for the last couple of days at around the same time.

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/is-there-a-problem-with-the-internet-thuis-in-eindhoven-my-internet-is-super-slow-now-319465#post1538557

I though only my internet so slow.

I supposed have 1000Mbit,but it is only 3.2 Mbit.

I doubt if it is wise choice switch ziggo to T-mobile

Very very bad internet, indeed!.. Eindhoven area, over WiFi…

Does Ziggo already offer 10Gbps or? :grinning:

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Kevin_Wu, welcome to the Community!

The measured speed is indeed too slow and well below our minimum benchmark. Could you please try to perform a speedtest via Ookla: Speedtest by Ookla? That way we'll be able to check if the speed falls within the boundaries of the accepted normalization range or not. For the best results, test on a desktop PC or laptop and connect said device to the modem with an internet cable. Thanks in advance!

I am with T-MBILE for 3 weeks and I am already starting to regret. I have the same problem as described above: 50M/s but never get the download above 7.5MB/s and upload above 1.5MB/s. I resetted the modem back to factory setting 3 times; disconnected the model and converter from the electricity twice but nothing works; disconnected all the smart lamps (useless with the quality of internet). Below a print screen of the speed with the ethernet cable, the wifi has lower performance.  My model is Zyxel T50, could you please advise how to solve it? For instance, sending a new modem or converter? 

I have the same issue, but with my 1000Mbps fiber connection.

Is there a problem with the internet (thuis) in Veldhoven? My internet is super slow now. And YES I have performed all the checks, resets, and used speedtest by Ookla. It varies between 50Mbps to 350Mbps for the last two days, both upload and download .

Reputatie 7

Hi @martin.benavidez, thanks a lot for letting us know! This measured speed is indeed way too slow, so I'm going to help you with this. Thanks a lot for already sending the printscreen of a cabled speedtest. I immediately checked your connection and I can't see that there is something wrong right away, but of course you show me something else. Do you experience this problem on other devices as well? 

It's great to read the actions that you've done. I would recommend to replace the internet cable, because maybe this causes the problems. Do you have an extra cable at home? Otherwise I'll send one to your house for free. Can you also test another LAN-port on the modem? The easy thing about the Zyxel modem is that all ports are suitable for internet. 

If these steps won't solve the issue, I would like to perform a cross test. Sometimes a wrong connection is selected when patching a line. Then the modem is connected to a different connection than in our system. We call this ‘crossing’ and we can rule this out by seeing if we still see the modem as online in the systems, when in reality it has been unplugged. So please let me know if the steps above solved your problem, so we can perform the cross test together. I really want to solve this for you! 😊

Hi @barucchi, very good of you to point this out! I also love to help you with this, to solve this for you. Could you please share the printscreen of this cabled speedtest here? I also wanted to take a look into your connection, but I couldn't find your subscription with the e-mail in your Community profile. Can you please add your customer number to your profile? That way I can find you and help you right away with this problem. I also would like to ask you to perform the same steps as I mentioned above to @martin.benavidez. Thanks in advance! 💪

@Lisa thanks for the swift reaction, I very much appreciate it! I used the ethernet cable delivered with the wifi extender to do the measurement you asked. All 4 ports had download speed below 5Mbps (average about 3) and upload speed below 1Mbps (average 0.5 and as low as 0.2). The speed measurement of wifi were surprinsgly better with almost 6 download, and 1.3 uploaded. Are you OK to do the cross test?

Another piece of info that may be relevant (or not), my mobile phone has issues connecting to the wifi; it gives the error ‘incorrect IP address’. I solve it by opening the wiif settings and connecting again. Separate topic, the wifi extender does not work, it cannot pick up the signal of the wifi; probably because of the concrete walls. Do you know the steps to return it? 

@Lisa 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@martin.benavidez check your mediaconvertor jumpers. Try 1,6 on or 3,4 on

Reputatie 7

Hi @martin.benavidez, thanks a lot for the update! You’re very welcome, I’m more than happy to help you. Great that you’ve followed my steps. Yes, let’s do a cross test to see if a wrong connection is selected. Can you perform this test tomorrow morning (around 09:00 or 09:30) so I can check the results for you? Thankyou for adding this to your story. Do you also use a router of your own?

Ah unfortunate to read that the wifi extender doesn’t work. Did you already follow these steps https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/thuis/internet-wifi/installeren/wifi-punt? I would love it that it will work again. But if not, you can easily read on our website how to return this to us: https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/thuis/mijn-abonnement/wijzigen/apparatuur-terugsturen. Please let me know if you have any further questions as well. I’m looking forward to the cross test tomorrow, so I can help you further. 

@Lisa thanks for coming back. How do you the cross test?How long does it take?  Do you need me to be home? If so, because this week i am noy home,  i would propose to do it on Tuesday 28-Sep in the morging.Ia that possible? 

What about changing the dip switches setting as proposed by @Hidden.nld ? 

Thanks for the feedback on the wifi extender, i will wait to solve the speed issue before taking a decision.

@Lisa only the dip switch 4 was "up", i set the combination "3-4" suggested by @Hidden.nld , see speed measurement below 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @martin.benavidez 

Nice speed for a 50/50 subscription 🙂

Was this problem since day 1? The mechanic could have checked these switches and then you wouldn't had any problems.

Glad to see that it's fixed 👍

Reputatie 7

Hi @martin.benavidez, I'm really happy with the tips that @Hidden.nld gave you! Thankyou for this update. These are great results, so hereby your issue is fixed yay. I'm very glad to see this. A cross test isn't necessary anymore. I think the mechanic indeed forgot this part, so I'm really sorry for that. Luckily the speed issue is solved now thanks to @Hidden.nld. Please let me know if you have any further questions as well! 🎈

Reageer