home network down

My home network keeps going down. It's been happening a lot in the past two months but this week, and especially today, the connection got lost several times. Is there a fault? I am in Amsterdam West 

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bordignuzza 

Have you tried to remove the power from your modem and media converter?

There doesn't seem to be a problem.

Hi, yes I have tried that but with no luck. The network keeps going down, twice today so far.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bordignuzza, we’ll see to getting that fixed! By network do you main the actual physical connection, the Wifi or both? What lights are still on on the modem when it happens? If you could supply me this information then I’ll be happy to help! 

Local network meaning WiFi and local cabling is working fine so no prob with the router.

Internet and WAN led lights are off when disconnection happens. Local devices can access WiFi but there is no Internet.

I assume it is a street level issue or something related to the street cabling?

Thanks

Reputatie 6
Badge +5

HI @Bordignuzza, thanks for the info. So basically your Wifi disconnects several times a day and the Internet and WAN leds are off when the disconnection occurs, is that correct? I didn’t quite catch whether you have a desktop computer or laptop that’s connected via ethernet-cable or not. If that’s the case, does the wired internet-connection disconnect as well, just like Wifi does? It sounds like an issue related to either the in-house wiring or a problem in the main distribution center. No worries though, like Brian said: we’ll definitely see to getting that fixed! 

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

"So basically your Wifi disconnects several times a day and the Internet and WAN leds are off when the disconnection occurs, is that correct?"

Yes, that is correct. It started happening a couple of months ago -no issues before.

"I didn’t quite catch whether you have a desktop computer or laptop that’s connected via ethernet-cable or not."

No we do not have a device connected via ethernet cable.

A week after I first messaged here, the network has been reliable again but started going off and on again last week, worsening from Thursday onwards. 

I would appreciate your feedback as this issue is disrupting our work a lot (we have video calls etc).

Thank you!

Fran

Update: I have connected my laptop with ethernet cable and there was no internet access while the network was down. So it's not just wifi

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bordignuzza, thank you for testing. I checked your connection and it indeed seems to be unstable. Is the modem connected directly to the ISRA (the connection point where the internet cable enters the building) or is it connected to a wall socket? If the last option is the case then is it possible to connect the modem directly (so without another router/switch) to the ISRA point with the short cable supplied by us? If this is already the case, could you tell me when the disconnects occur? Are they random or are they happening during certain peak periods like at the start of the evening for example? Let me know!

Hi, 

Pls see pictures attached.

The router is plugged into the white socket. However the entry point is the round green socket (ancient phone copper wire). The white socket extension was installed by a T-Mobile Engineer. 

Disruptions are more frequent during peak times but randomly in the evenings too.

Thanks,

Fran

Sorry, pls see photo of the white socket 

Reputatie 6
Badge +5

Hi @Bordignuzza, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the installation per say. What I did notice however, is that your modem's been online for 32 days without interruption. Could you please try and reset the modem by unplugging the power cord for 20 seconds and then re-plugging it? If that still doesn't work, try to perform a factory reset. I'm sure we'll get your connection stable and up to maximum performance again! 😄

Hello,

We have switched the router on and off a few times in the past two weeks and we only had a couple of disruptions. 

However today it's been really bad and the internet dropped several times already despite the router been switched off twice.

Can we get someone to come over and have a look whether the issue is on your side? It's been a long time now and it's disrupting our jobs :-(

Thanks

Reputatie 5
Badge +2

Hey @Bordignuzza,

I've informed our technical department right away regarding this issue. They are doing their utterly best to solve this problem for you. As soon as we know more, we'll contact you. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. But help is on the way!

Reageer