Beantwoord

How do i use my own router with t mobile fiber?

• 23 September 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 1979 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

I have a t mobile fiber connection which connects to a converter which is a little device on the wall. There is an output for an ethernet cable and this cable connects to the router which t movile provided for me. Everything works fine when using the router from t mobile.

I would like to replace their router and use my own. The router I have is the ASUS RT-AX88U.  The error I am getting is "your isp dhcp does not function properly". 

Are there some settings i need to change on my router to make it work?I left eveything as auto and default on my router.  Is there some IP settings or something that I need to change ?

icon

Beste antwoord door Pieter_B 23 September 2020, 13:08

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Hhaad 

If you apply the following it should work :

Vlan 300 is for internet and vlan 640 is for IPTV.

Thanks. On your screenshot its showing you are on the IPTV tab.  Do ineed to use a different tab and apply the settings there instead?

I applied the settings and the Internet works now. I'm surprised these settings fixed it since its in the IPTV twb and I'm not using iptv. 

The problem i have now is that a speed test only shows 25mbps but i have the 1000mbps package. I'm not expecting 1000mbps it should be much faster still.  Is this because of thr settinfs I used ? Does it affect speed?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@Hhaad 

Use the following settings

And if you do not use IPTV VLAN 640, you can remove it like this.

Hi,

I have the same issue as mentioned by @Hhaad. I followed @Pieter_B’s instructions but my internet speed dropped to half after I replace the Zyxel router by my Asus RT-AX86S.

Do you know what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hello @pedev ,

This is a very old post and i do not use the ASUS anymore, but i have a pfsense computer running for my network.

The last time i used the ASUS, i noticed also some problems to get the full speed. Looked like the firmware updates at that time causing that problem, because at that time i reconnected another router and als was back to normal.

Was reading something about the ‘NAT Acceleration’, but that has a new name ‘flow cache’.

Most throughput problems were solved with this ‘NAT Acceleration’ in the ‘Auto mode’.

The only problem is however, there is no webui option to manually enable/disable it. This is done automatically, but is disabled if some features are used (See linked info). 

Ref : I dont have Nat Acceleration (ASUS RT-AX82U)

Reageer