Beantwoord

Internet in Zaandam

• 27 January 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 145 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Good morning,

I have a question regarding the internet connection at home. I have found one package (internet only), but before I order it, I would like to know if it works on Ziggo cables (I have in the apartment) too? My neighbor has the internet from you, but he just moved it from the previous apartment.

Thank you in advance for your response so I can finally connect myself.

Best regards,

Barbora

icon

Beste antwoord door Seccie 27 January 2020, 09:40

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Good morning @BaraLit,

Welcome to the T-Mobile community. T-Mobile offer their services on either DSL or fiber. Coax is an enclosed network on which other serviceproviders are not allowed. However, you can check if you have a proper connection in the wizard and at Fourstack. In some cases the connection might be a bit difficult to find in an apartment. In most cases it is there in the living room or around the fuse box. If your neighbour has T-Mobile you could check with them where the connection should be.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @BaraLit 

Welcome to the T-Mobile community! Unfortunately T-Mobile internet won’t work on your Ziggo cables. Did you run the postcode check on the T-Mobile website? You should be able to see the maximum expected upload and download speed. You can also check this tool to see if your apartment has an ISRA point installed. 

ISRA or IS / RA is the point where the provider's modem must be connected in the home. The ISRA point stands for Infrastructure Peripheral Equipment. The cable from the provider of the network provider enters the house at the ISRA point. This is the point at which you as a user can connect your peripherals such as telephone, television and therefore the modem.

If the ISRA is no longer present, but the connecting cable coming in from the street still is then T-Mobile can contact the grid operator to restore the ISRA without any additional cost. If the cable is no longer present, damaged or too short then the grid operator will have to bring a new cable into the house at which point they will charge you for the extra costs.

You can also consult your neighbor to look at his / her ISRA. It’s usually installed in / around the same location. 

Let us know your findings and I’m sure we will do our best to help you 

Hello, yes,

I checked it and there should be a connection.

I checked the tool as well, see results below.

The problem is, that I had already an appointment with KPN technic who came and checked the connection saying that there is no KPN cable anymore and it is possible to put it there (but the additional works are prohibited by the landlord).

But, for me it is weird that the neighbor has it. That´s why I am asking.

The last question, is it possible to have the non-fiber connection (sorry for my words, I am not professional, so I do not know how to call it) from you?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Barbora

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Ziggo uses coax tech for their services. It is a cable with a thick copper kernel. DSL and fiber uses UTP/CAT cables. You can check the wizard and at Fourstack which is available at your apartment. If I look up your adress, you should be able to get a 50Mbps subscription with DSL, but no Fiber (yet).

Reageer