Beantwoord

Internet not working

• 3 February 2020
  • 9 reacties
  • 612 Bekeken

I just moved to Den Bosch [Personal info removed by moderator],  After receiving my modem, a Zyxel t-50, I successfully installed it. However, the DSL and Internet lights in the modem are both turned off. I have repeatedly attempted a full reset, and the problem persists. What can I do? I have already spent more than 2 days with no internet, and I am very dissatisfied with the costumer support I have received until now.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 3 February 2020, 21:49

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @shingoxx222 

Welcome to T-mobile!

That's not a great start. Has your installation date allready passed and what does your status in your T-mobile account say?

Are you using the grey DSL cable that came with the modem for connecting the DSL port to your ISRA? Does your DSL cable go into a wall socket and have you checked if the phone cable in the wall socket is properly connected. So only red and blue? In some cases orange and white instead do work.

If you are using the box that came with the modem are you sure the right cable is connected to the box and the wires are connected properly?

Hi I will share some pics to explain:

In my cupboard I have such a mini meter:

But there is no power supply in the cupboard so I’m not sure what happen if I connect it with the modem using a DSL cable.

In my living room I have the wall socket as followed:

I tried to connect like this, but only power light and 2.4G light are constantly on.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @shingoxx222 

You have not connected the modem properly, please remove the yellow internet cable. You modem needs to be connected to the device on the first picture using the grey DSL cable. Put one end in the DSL port and the other end in your ISRA (picture 1). How far is your modem from you ISRA? Maybe through a hole in the wall if your modem is on the other side? Please arrange something to connect the modem to your ISRA with the grey cable to see if it works and there should be a power facility nearby of course 😀

Hi just tried to use extension board to connect modem in the meter box as you said. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work. The power light continues flashing, even after reboot several times. I think I will need a technician  to check it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @shingoxx222 

Give the modem some time, in the beginning only ther power LED will keep flashing for some time but after that the remaining lights will also light up but it will take a few minutes I think. Please connect your modem again and wait for a few minutes.

hi 10min after startup:

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @shingoxx222 

Have you tried both the ports of you ISRA in your fuse box?looks like a technician will have to look at then and how are the cables to your modem connected can you make a picture of it?

To be sure internet should be working have you seen the status in your T-mobile thuis account to see if the installation date has passed?

Hi, I am also facing the same issue like the previous posts made by other customers. Internet and DSL lights  are not working. 

Some additional photos of the issue

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Vishnu Prasad, thank you for your message and patience. Sorry to hear your Internet isn't working properly. No worries though, I'll do my utmost to help you as much as possible. Internet is extremely important. You should have a solid connection too! First we'll check the most important things:

1) Check which lights are lit on the modem. Does WAN or Internet not light up? Then disconnect the modem from the power for ten seconds by unplugging the power cord. 

2) Does it concern Wifi and is the WLAN light not on? Then press the button "WLAN / WPS / Wireless / Wifi" until the light comes on.  

3) Are the lights on, but you are not connected? Then connect your computer directly to the modem with an internet cable on port 1 or 2 of the modem. If you have a Zyxel modem, it doesn't matter which port you connect the computer to.  

Does it still not work after this? Then follow this link: Internet doesn't work properly. This allows you to solve common problems. Hope this helps!

P.s how is the modem connected to your ISRA-point (main connection/installation point)? It looks like you're using the correct DLS-cable of approximately 1.5 meters in length, but I want to doublecheck this just to be sure.

Reageer