Beantwoord

Internet speed problem - Rotterdam

could anyone explain why I have problems with the internet from 2 days? Internet speed jump from 50mb to 2mb sometimes, it was hard for me to open your website - I found a topic about problems in the southern netherlands, was this problem solved? do I have these problems through that all the time? literally nothing can be done ...
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 1 April 2019, 13:19

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

10 reacties

3 day and this is what i get from you paying for 100mb... serious?

Reputatie 7
Hey @faras90,

Wow that's like turtle speed! 😮 The wireless signal can be impacted by allot of external factors. The thickness of the walls, the amount of electrical appliances and even the signal your neighbors are creating can disturb your own WiFi signal. There are a couple things you can do to improve the signals yourself! Here you can find a great tool tip (in Dutch) what to do.Using the 5G WiFi signal and changing the channel to manual will be mostly solve this!

Could you also perform a speedtest with a LAN cable? And are the results similar to your slow Wifi speed? Then it could be a modem/connection problem. Please let us know if it solved your problem.
Nothing has changed in my apartment. neither the location of the modem nor any signals from the neighbors, because from what I know the 5Ghz signal is more difficult to disturb than 2.4Ghz, the wall thickness also does not 😅
I dare say that these problems have started since you had a glitch in the data center a few days ago. from that moment my internet connection has become unstable, 3 days in a row in the morning the speed of the internet sometimes drops to less than 2mb. to be 100% sure i will connect a LAN cable to modem, when i will get a problems ones more, so then we will see
I will add that it happens also at other times, not only in the morning. for example at the moment I have about 50mb, tested on a different page than your speed test on the T-Mobile website. I do not know why, but there is an error when i'm trying to check my speed on your website
Reputatie 7
Hi @faras90,

I'm here to help you improve your speed! There are a few important things to consider. Here we go!

Wifi
You speed on Wifi will always be subject to exterior influences. Best thing to do is optimize your Wifi with the tips my colleague gave you. Especially the Wifi-channels will help. I see you chose "auto", my tip is to change this to either 1, 6 or 11.

Cable
What was the speed on a cabled connection? You can use another speedtest app if you like, no worries! I see the maximum speed on your address is 52 Mbps, so your subscription to 100 Mbps could be downgraded to 50 Mbps with no noticeable lack in speed. Of course the monthly fee will be a little cheaper that way!

I hope this clears things up and helps your internetspeed. Will you keep us posted?
This is the speed on cable LAN:

I use wifi 5ghz, as it is faster than 2.4Ghz, and these tips are just for 2.4Ghz - the modem is very close to the laptop, so the signal is strong at 5G, that's why i'm using it.

I do not understand one thing, why are you cheat people? your site has informed me from the very beginning, since I order your internet, that max I can have in my address is 100mb, I ordered it and all the time I have max 50mb.
Your colleagues tell me that there are problems in my connection, some "Bridge Tap", or they said that I have a bad cable that I got from your monteur, or that the cables are badly connected, and now I hear that the maximum in my apartment is 52mb?I'm trying to get those 100mb, I pay all the time as for those 100mb and now this...
can someone finally explain it to me normally? and will you give me a difference that i paid allready? How will you relate to this?
I've had enough of this.
that's mine last topic of problem with minimum speed: https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/the-minimum-internet-speed-is-not-reached-307431
maybe you would send someone to check it out? and to be honest we took your internet to have 100mb, not 50mb... this speed is too low for us, and you have been out of the guarantee for the smallest speed of 75% for a few months - which is 75mb
Reputatie 7
Closed this topic to prevent duplicates. See other topic for more info: https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/the-minimum-internet-speed-is-not-reached-307431