Beantwoord

Is it possible to install the router in another part of the house?

• 18 October 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 171 Bekeken

Hello everyone,

I’m writing because in some parts of the house, although it’s a little house, the WiFi signal is not strong enough.

I tried to change the location of the router, but I don't know anything about connections and this kind of thing. Now the DSL cable is connected to the main connection in the meter cupboard, and I tried to connect it at other points in the house where there are similar plugs, but it didn't work. I understand then that these plugs, although they are the same as the one in the meter cabinet, are not for connecting the router, they are? Maybe didn’t I wait enough?

Thank you in advance,
Gabriel

icon

Beste antwoord door Marcel MCi 18 October 2020, 09:03

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hello lgabrimr,

The modem should always connected to the main connection point. (ISRA point) Other telephone-connection points in the house are not advised to use for connecting the modem. The other connection points should not be connected to the ISRA point otherwise you loose a part of your DSL signal. (So called bridged taps). 

For stronger wifi you can probably use a wired or wireless acces point, or use a wifi repeater. 

Check also T-mobile's wifi plus:

https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/wifi-plus

Regards,

Marcel

Hello lgabrimr,

The modem should always connected to the main connection point. (ISRA point) Other telephone-connection points in the house are not advised to use for connecting the modem. The other connection points should not be connected to the ISRA point otherwise you loose a part of your DSL signal. (So called bridged taps). 

For stronger wifi you can probably use a wired or wireless acces point, or use a wifi repeater. 

Check also T-mobile's wifi plus:

https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/wifi-plus

Regards,

Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Thank you very much for answering. 

Regards.

Reageer