Beantwoord

Low Wifi speed

• 28 July 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 478 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties
Hi all,

maybe someone can help me: I am currently paying for 100Mbps internet connection but yet on a good day I will receive 30Mbps and on average between 0.5 to 5Mbps. I would like to switch providers but my contracts ends in April. Is there a way to end the contract without paying the termination fee due to the extremely low speeds? I have contacted T-Mobile many times and yet all they tell me is switch in on or off and change channels. I don't want to keep doing this every few days.
Please let me know what are your suggestions.

Thanks,
Victor
icon

Beste antwoord door MelisaTMT 31 July 2018, 14:47

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 4
Hi @vmalek1

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not happy about your subscribtion with T-Mobile Thuis. I would like to do everything I can to change that! If I understand you correctly you're having some issues with your Wifi speed. Changing the channel does often do the trick but if this doesn't you can always check our topic about the Wifi through this link: https://forum.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/wifi-oplossingen-276063 (it's in Dutch). We will also ask you to reset your modem. You can easily do this yourself following the steps in the link above. Please let me know how this works! If this doesn't solve the issue, we can take further steps to make sure that you, as many other customers, can enjoy our Wifi.

Also check the other tips about the antenna's, obstruction and interference!
Hi Melisa,

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately I have already tried these options and still the wifi speed does not go over 20Mbps. Please let me know how may I end the contract without paying any fees as I feel T-Mobile have not been delivering on their end of the contract.

Thank you,
Regards,
Victor
Reputatie 7
Hi vmalek1,

There is no provider that prommise the connection speed on the WiFi. if you connect with a ethernet cable you must get the 100mbit. ifthe wifi is bad and below 10mbit then T Mobile can do some thing about it as shown on the wifi service page.
Indeed no one guarantees the speed but in my experience it has never been this bad. At least not lower than 50% even by wifi. The fact that i get less than 1Mbps on weekends (when i'm the most at home) is not acceptable. This is why i tried to contact customer support but the changes that were made only increased the speed temporarily and with a max of around 20MBps.
Reputatie 7
ok if it is that bad you can get an engeneer on site to resolve the wifi problems.
Reputatie 7
Hi vmalek1,

Thank you for trying out our Wifi-tips. I'm sad to hear that these are not helping. I want to send a technician to fix your Wifi. Can you give your mobile phone number to me in a private message? This way I can send you a link so that you can make an appointment with our technician. Hope to hear from you soon!

Reageer