Beantwoord

need to know my DNS servers

• 10 February 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 1816 Bekeken

Hi there. trying to port forward to get a stable connection to rockstar games (red dead online, PC/steam) as it is now it is sometimes completely unplayable, dont think it is because of my connection speed i also play other games on the ps4 and have no internet issues, my understanding is that some people are having a bad connection between their ISP and rockstar servers and port forwarding can help with this, currently following a guide and ran into a step that requires the DNS servers, usually you can find this in windows with command prompt but they are listed there as the IP for my default gateway, a warning was given in the guide I'm following that if this happens it isnt the correct numbers I'm looking for and I should log into my router and look up the right numbers on a status or settings page. however with this particular router (huawei HG659) that info isnt really simple to look up, I clicked on the “internet” tab in my router settings and there is multiple boxes with differing dns server addresses and I'm just looking for a primary and secondary, but there are 2 sets in 2 different boxes and the addresses differ too, so I'm confused as to which set i need or if these are even the numbers I'm looking for. Alternatively the guide also stated my ISP will be able to tell me the DNS Servers, so I guess thats what I'm really asking here haha.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 10 February 2020, 20:27

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @kingamarV2 

These are the DNS servers I found.

Primary: 37.143.84.228

Secundary: 37.143.84.229

So are these DNS numbers the same for all T-Mobile internet customers? My knowledge in this stuff is limited and outdated. Last time I dabbled in port forwarding I was like 17. I'm 34 now haha. 

My thanks to you. I'll double check these numbers with the multiple numbers I saw in my routers settings and see if any match up before moving forward. If anyone here that reads this has any experience with port forwarding with red dead online in general and know of some solutions that would be very much appreciated. 😊

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @kingamarV2 

I have never needed the DNS servers but these primary and secondary have been provided in a few more topics by people who know alot about it so I copied them here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@kingamarV2 

This is what my mobile phone gets.

www.whatsmydnsserver.com

Reageer