Beantwoord

No internet after modem installation [Zyxel-T50 , FO connection]

• 14 August 2020
  • 17 reacties
  • 2321 Bekeken

Dear All,

I recently took T-Mobile internet connection of 1Gbps over FO. 

On 11th August 2020, Technician came and installed Modem and Mediaconverter  box.

After installation, Internet was available for about two hours. Then it stopped working.

Just before the connection loss, I got an email from T-mobile saying that - ‘The time has come: your T-Mobile Home subscription works!’

I checked Modem and Mediaconverter box.

Modem indicates that no internet available. Mediaconverter indicates that connection to back office is ok. 

I don’t see any reason to believe that something is wrong at Modem and Mediaconverter settup at my home. T-Mobile put me in long wait even to start the first step of trouble shoot.  I work from home and this  affected my work badly.  Kindly help me if anyone knows how to solve this quickly.

Anyone faced same problem?

If yes, was it resolved by technician or KPN fixed it from back office side? 

icon

Beste antwoord door aashams 25 August 2020, 17:11

Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @aashams 

The connection to the mediaconverter looks fine.

Could you perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for about 10 seconds using a small object?

If that doesn't help could you try replacing the cable from your mediaconverter to the WAN port of your modem?

Hello @aashams 

The connection to the mediaconverter looks fine.

Could you perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for about 10 seconds using a small object?

If that doesn't help could you try replacing the cable from your mediaconverter to the WAN port of your modem?

Hi @Waqqas ,

I have tried it. But still no internet.

Thanks for the help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@aashams

There seems no problem with the incoming line. It's an issue at your place.

Maybe try this : remove your mediaconverter from the power, you'll find 6 switches on the mediaconverter, try combinations 3 and 4 or 1 and 6. After making a change start your mediaconverter.

@Waqqas I don’t know current switch settings of mediaconverter. But in same settings I was getting internet properly until I received email from T-mobile that my connection is active.

I was using connection in my friends name who was living at my current house. I made this arrangement with my friend to minimize internet down time. This connection was active when Guidon technician came and installed new modem and converter.  T-mobile also knows that there is a situation of double connection. 

My thought is that when T-mobile switched connection to me , there might be some mix up happened at back office side. If there was any connection issue at my place, I won’t get internet for that two hours after the modem installation, right? 

I will try to change the switch combination. Hope that will work. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @aashams, welcome to the Community! We're always on standby to help as much as possible, so it's good that you've asked for our help! 💪😎

Did changing the six dip switches on the Media Converter help? Is your connection working now? 

@Jason Thanks.

I have tried changing the dip switches on the Media Converter. But it did not help. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Alright thanks for trying! 😊 Now onto a different solution: could you please try resetting both the Media Converter and the modem? I immediately performed a line analysis and can't seem to find the modem. Is it connected correctly currently? 

If somehow we can't fix the issue at hand before the 22nd, Guidion will come by and fix the issue for you. Sorry for the inconvenience!

@Jason  Yes. The modem is connected and powered on currently.

Ethernet out from media converter box to WAN port of the Modem. 

I did reset of both Media converter and the modem. But still no internet. All LED indicators are showing same status as in the images I have attached in my first comment. FO and TX indicators shows connections are ok.

I noticed in one other thread that a similar issue is solved by KPN. 
https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-van-bestelling-tot-installatie-496/mediaconverter-instellingen-306387

Could you please check with KPN networks about my connection? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@aashams

Strange that above picture is showing that your modem is receiving 1000 mbit and working fine.

I have checked the topic you mentioned, and the topic starter had rhe same issue as you but for him the change of switches did work.

Remove internetcable from your mediaconverter.

Turn your mediaconverter off, change switches to 3 and 4 on and all others off or 1 and 6 on all others off.

After the change plug internetcable in after 30 seconds, could you check once again?

The person whose problem was solved by KPN had no FO light on mediaconverter which means no signal but you have signal.

@Waqqas Yes. The person in other thread has no FO light, yet it was an issue from KPN side.

My Mediaoceverter by set to 3 and 4 ON. I switched it 1 and 6 and waited 30 seconds to connect back modem. It did not work. 
Then I switched off 1 and 6 and on 3 and 4, waited 30 secs and connected back modem. Still no luck.

Reputatie 7

Hi @aashams, I have a suspicion you might be right. The incoming connection has been activated AFTER the visit from our technician so it looks like you were using the old connection which has since switched over. I see that there's a technician planned for this Saturday and we’ll get you online as soon as possible!

Hi @Brian Technician visited today and confirmed that connection at home works fine and reported that  issue can be at BO/KPN side. 

Hi @Brian ,

Technician already confirmed that issue is at BO/KPN side.

Can you guys call KPN or do whatever that you do to make it work at least now?

I’m trying to reach T-mobile customer service from saturday. No one is picking up the call. 

Thanks

Finally customer care picked up the call.

Now they asked me to wait ANOTHER WEEK to investigate the issue before passing it on to KPN. 

T-Mobile had TWO WEEKS before the technician visit  to investigate if there is an issue at BO and they never did. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @aashams, thank you for your detailed feedback regarding the issue and the technician's findings!

I think our colleagues may have accidentally misinterpreted the current, average processing time of tickets: the ETA has been moved up to a maximum of eleven days. Regarding the investigation beforehand: the technician has to inform our technical department before any conclusions can be made. That might sound somewhat lackluster, but it's done to make sure that local, physical issues and findings may be eliminated prior to further investigation. Also, the eleven day ETA doesn't necessarily imply that you have to wait that long, it's an average waiting time - even though it's too long, I think we all agree on that statement.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. I sincerely hope that the issue will be dealt with as quickly as possible! 

Hi @Jason @Waqqas and @Brian ,

Thanks for the support.

KPN responded very quickly and issue is resolved now.

KPN technicians came today and checked connection at home. Since everything was ok at my home, they did something at BO/switching center and it started to work fine. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @aashams, that's fantastic news, thanks for sharing! 😁👍👍

Do you by chance have an idea of what KPN did in the switching center to fix the issue? Did they swap the available ports at the local distribution center perhaps? Awesome to hear it's been dealt with accordingly, I sincerely want to thank you for your patience and understanding. If ever you're in need of help, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to help! 

Enjoy your subscription and connection! 💻📺

Reageer