Beantwoord

No internet connection after installation

• 14 October 2020
  • 7 reacties
  • 329 Bekeken

Hi,

I have received my new modem on October 1st and installed it. I was supposed to have internet connection on 7th October but no luck. All lights are on appart from the ‘globe’ one.

I have tried all phone plugs at home, reset the modem and everything else you can imagine with no success.

The wifi network can be found by my mobile and laptop and it shows that I have full signal, however no internet connection.

I have tried several times to contact technical support with no luck. Last Saturday I was waiting on the line for 3 whole hours before giving up!

It is now becoming urgent that I have this sorted out as I need to start working from home ASAP.

Could please someone help?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 14 October 2020, 22:30

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Everina007 

You are using the wrong cable, use the grey cable with a label DSL on it.

This doesn't seem to be your main ISRA point. In the fusebox do you see a cable coming out of the ground which is connected to an ISRA point?

Hello @Everina007 

You are using the wrong cable, use the grey cable with a label DSL on it.

This doesn't seem to be your main ISRA point. In the fusebox do you see a cable coming out of the ground which is connected to an ISRA point?

Hi @Waqqas 

Thank you for your quick response and for pointing out that I was using the wrong cable!

I have checked my fuse box (which is located opposite of the entrance of my apartment) but cannot see any cable coming out of the ground.

However, I have found some cables going up and into the apartment that lead to a “plug” that can be seen on the new picture that I’ve posted. I have seen that plug before but thought it was for TV. I cannot find any other “box” that looks like an ISRA point in the flat.

I had to google to see what an ISRA pioint looks like… apologies for being naive but I am new in the Netherlands.

And fuse box photos in case it helps...

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Everina007

The grey thing on the wall is your ISRA on photo 1.

But don't know which cable goes in exactly..

There is also one extra cable which is not needed. Where are those cables going to?

@Everina007

The grey thing on the wall is your ISRA, the cable on the left side is the incoming cable I guess and the 2 from the right are the cables you need to use. (Photo 1)

Actually there should also be one cable from the right coming out and you need to connect the cable to your modem maybe by using the connection box in the installation package.

Since the ISRA is KPN property it's better that T-Mobile send a technician to fix everything.

Where are those cables going to by the way?

Thank you @Waqqas !

I hope someone from Tmobile picks this thread up and arrange for an engineer to come as this is what I am trying to get out a few days now...

All those cables lead to a rather complex sound console that came with the house...

Never imagined that installing internet in Netherlands should be so complicated.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Everina007

Installing internet is not that difficult but your situation is a bit different.

And because the ISRA belongs to KPN you can't open it yourself. Normally there should only be 1 outgoing cable, connect your modem to it and done!

Reageer