Beantwoord

No internet connectivity

• 19 September 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 217 Bekeken

I received modem and fiber cable since I received appointment in October I tried installation but I can not see internet connection. 

I asked t mobile they said that technician is required but I don't know for what reason he would come here I have done almost all connections. They also said that internet connection is on since yesterday. 

Can anyone help me? If any connection is wrong kindly let me know. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 19 September 2020, 12:08

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Oh okay :) 

Good to know it is working, I'm not so familiar with Fiber devices 😅

Hey @Waqqas,
Thanks a tonne for all the efforts and time you put in for answering  our questions! Truly grateful for that.
@Cal you are right! We got it working yesterday!
Turned out that we had to use a different port for the optical cable.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @ConfusedSikh,

After looking at your connection I concluded that you have been online for the last 14 hours. Great that you were able to fix it. If there's anything else, feel free to let us know. For now I wish you a lot of fun with our internet. :smile:

Thanks again for your unwavering support @Waqqas

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ConfusedSikh

What you can try is remove the mediaconverter from the power, unplug the internetcable from the mediaconverter.

On the side where the power cable is there are 6 switches maybe behind a sticker.

Either 1 and 6 are on or 3 and 4. Switch the current combination off and the other combination on. Start the mediaconverter and plug the internet cable in around 20 seconds later.

@Waqqas Thanks for your quick reply. Technician was supposed to come yesterday however because of some reasons we have to reschedule it. 

The internet cable (yellow) is going from media converter to WAN port of modem.

As you can see in photo only 2 out of 5 are orange and  other three are green. One is not burning. 

Kindly let me know what does these lights on media converter and modem suggest. 

If you need more information let me know. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @ConfusedSikh 

There are 4 out of 6 lights on the mediaconverter burning orange?

Is the internetcable from the mediaconverter going to the WAN port of the Zyxel? The 2nd light from left on the Zyxel indicates there is no connection between mediaconverter and the Zyxel.

This is most of the time an issue when you decide to do it yourself, a mechanic would have checked everything what's not configured right.

I can understand that you don't want to sit without internet for some weeks but maybe after calling Guidion you can make the appointment earlier, their telephone number is 088 2000 151.

Reageer