Beantwoord

No Internet for 24 hours already (Vleuten)

Reputatie 1
No Internet for 24 hours already. Vleuterweide, 3452BJ
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 3 July 2019, 12:09

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Good morning @opechunka,

That's not good. Did you try to restart the router (and media convertor) by unplugging it? In most cases this will do the trick. If not, what does the router show? Which lights are on/off.
Reputatie 1
Yesterday (on Saturday) internet appeared a few minutes past 8 in the morning and worked fine all day.
But today (Sunday, 30th of June) there is NO internet AGAIN.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
That's not good. Which lights are on/off? Is it WIFi or by wire as well? Perhaps you can post a picture? More information might help to find the root cause of the problems you encounter.
Reputatie 1
Hi TAVL,
I'm a software engineer. It's not a problem to me figure out what is going on with led lights on my equipment. The problem was at trunk lines at KPN side. This happens very often recently. So I expected here, that some T-Mobile person will clarify it and tell when it will be fixed.
Don't take it personally, but it's so annoying, when talking to T-Mobile support, they always focus only on LEDs or rebooting\resetting the router, even when there are problems at KPN sides. Even when I explained them, that I checked all at my side and all is fine. Recently I've replaced Vigor router with a media converter and my own router. So I'm happy at least, that they cannot reset my router from their side.
And what about internet. It appeared today early in the morning. So no problems on my side. So to the next disruption.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Thank you for the feedback. It are the most common steps to take at first. Especially when someone does not provide much information. It tends to get more. I understand as a IT pro it might be annoying. Personally I give all the steps I did to start with. That blocks a lot of questions, and go deeper into analyzing the root cause of the problem.

Do I understand correctly that this problem reappears regularly? Maybe webcare can start an investigation into that. Glad you are online again.

Besides, I do not work for T-Mobile. I am just a fellow customer helping out others on this customer community. That's why you will more likely get a first reaction from a fellow customer. Webcare is active on these forums as well though.
Reputatie 1
Today, Tuesday 2 of July, there is no internet again from the early morning.
Reputatie 7
Hi @opechunka, there is indeed a network problem in your area. In previous instances the traffic got rerouted to temporarily solve the issue but it would appear that there is structural problem in the network because the problem keeps returning. The grid operator has started an investigation (again) and is working to resolve the issue. My apologies for the inconvenience!
Reputatie 7
Hi @opechunka, I have received word that the issue has been fixed. I just checked you connection however and I still can't get a read on your modem. Are you still experiencing issues? If so could you power down the modem for about ten seconds, reconnect it and let me know what the results are?
Reputatie 1
Hi @opechunka, I have received word that the issue has been fixed. I just checked you connection however and I still can't get a read on your modem. Are you still experiencing issues? If so could you power down the modem for about ten seconds, reconnect it and let me know what the results are?

Hi Brian,
Since yesterday morning internet is back and no issues for now. You'll be not able to reach my modem, as I've replaced Vigor with a media converter and my own router.

Thank you,
Orest.
Reputatie 7
Hi @opechunka, ah that's good to hear! And that explains why I couldn't reach the modem. 🙂 Thank you for the reply!

Reageer