Beantwoord

Slow DL Speed - Maastricht

• 5 January 2020
  • 18 reacties
  • 290 Bekeken

Since December 2019, the DL speed of my connection is half what it used to be. I get around 50Mbps when I used to get 100Mbps for two years until a month ago. Is there something I can do or is this an issue with T-mobile? Should I just wait or change ISP?

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 9 January 2020, 17:02

Bekijk origineel

18 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @jgouvalis 

Do you have a fiber or DSL connection?

Have you tested with a laptop directly connected to the modem using Ookla speedtest app to see your cabled speed?

If the cabled speed is fine then we could look at your wifi, like speed with 5 GHZ and 2,4 GHZ.

I have DSL that was working perfectly at 100Mbps DL until about a month ago. I have tried with different devices (desktop, laptop, TV...) using ethernet connection and all have the same 56Mbps result in Ookla as well as fast.com. I have also checked the connection in the basement and it doesn't look any different from what it was. I have rebooted and updated the router as well as all of my devises. Any ideas? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Did you change anything in your subscription? Mobile or at home? Did you use ‘Klantvoordeel’?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@jgouvalis 

Also check this link what speed you should get.

https://kpn-compleet-fpi-info.fourstack.nl

Have you also checked if your modem is getting the full speed that can be provided? You can see this in your modem interface after VDSL WAN or in xDSL statistieken.

@TAVL  No I haven’t changed anything in my subscription. Still have the 100Mbps one, still paying around €31.00 every month. 

@Waqqas Link says my line supports up to “Buyer/DSL 189Mbps” and “Bonded Buyer/DSL 200Mbps”. Router reports: “Downstream line rate: ~62Mbps” and “Upstream line rate: ~31Mbps”. Which is about the same all speed-tests report as well. So I’m guessing the issue is outside the house. In the house everything agrees but it’s almost half than what I had a month ago...

Reputatie 7

Hey @jgouvalis,

Could you please perform a factory reset on your modem? Here you can see how it's done. After the reset, your connection should be around 100 Mbps and stable again. If not, please let me know! I'll contact our engineers if you still struggle with your internet speed. 

@Piotr 

Thank you for the advice. I just performed a Factory Reset on the router but unfortunately still the same issue both before and after I loaded my configuration again. 59MBps DL and 30Mbps UL. I checked with both Ookla and fast.com. Router is reporting also 62Mbps Downstream line rate and 32Mbps Upstream line rate. Any thoughts?

Reputatie 7

Hi @jgouvalis, thank you for testing! I've notified our technical department to research the situation and I expect we’ll send over a mechanic. My colleagues will contact you within a few days and we’ll see to getting this solved! 

Hey, @Brian, it’s been a month and I still have the same issue. Download speed is around 60Mbps and Upload around 30Mbps. I have checked all the cables, even bought new ones, just in case. There is no “Bridge Tap” issue like one of your engineers suggested, as I’m connected directly to the “phone line” (RJ31). This is the exact same configuration I’ve always had since before this issue. Nothing has changed except my Download Speed. I’m fairly certain at this point that the problem is at your end. I’m really happy with your service and I would hate to have to switch ISP. Thank you in advanced, @jgouvalis 

Also, @Brian , I just checked with this link: https://kpn-compleet-fpi-info.fourstack.nl/addresses/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&address=6217KZ&alt_address=6217KZ+18+A, and to my surprise, it has changed from “Buyer/DSL 189Mbps” and “Bonded Buyer/DSL 200Mbps” that was on 07/01/2020 to “Buyer/DSL 62Mbps” and “Bonded Buyer/DSL 112Mbps” today! Now this definitely means that there is something wrong on your part. I hope this helped get to the bottom of this...

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @jgouvalis 

As far as i know there is nothing wrong on T-mobile's side. The speed for your address has been changed by KPN so the speed of 62 mbps is the maximum what you can get now, the speeds you are getting are fair enough with this maximum speed.

Have you been informed by KPN that your speed is getting reduced?

Hey @Waqqas, thank you for your prompt response.

No there’s been no notification from KPN and my contract is with T-Mobile, not KPN. I’ve agreed and I am still paying ~€31 p/month for 100Mbps. Can you please explain why KPN would just decide to drop my speed, thus voiding our contract? Also, does this mean that there is no way for me to get any higher speeds even if I switched ISP?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@jgouvalis

This is indeed not right if you had not received a message from KPN. When you buy a 100 mbps subscription you will always receive the koper/dsl speed as showed in the KPN fourstack. If the maximum speed is above 100 mbps you will still get maximum 100 mbps.

So basically your T-mobile line speed is reliant on the speed fourstack shows you. I am just a customer like you but a moderator can help you with this when they reply.

Switching provider wil not increase your speed because everyone uses the KPN network

@Waqqas 

Yeah, I figured as much. It just sucks that the “fourstack” suddenly changed and it really makes T-mobile look bad! Thanks for your support anyway, I guess I will have to wait and see what T-mobile has to say about this… Cheers.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@jgouvalis

Your Bonded koper/DSL has also gone from 189 to 112 mbps. This would mean that if you go to KPN, XS4ALL or Delta and you subscribe to a 200 mb subscription, you'll get a speed of max 112 mbps instead of 189 mbps but obviously you will pay more.

KPN, XS4ALL and Delta support Bonded Koper/sal.

@Waqqas 

In other words I will have to go to KPN and get the 100Mbps package which will utilize 90% of the “Bonded koper/DSL”. Thanks once again.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

*200 Mbps subscription.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Waqqas

Yeah, I figured as much. It just sucks that the “fourstack” suddenly changed and it really makes T-mobile look bad! Thanks for your support anyway, I guess I will have to wait and see what T-mobile has to say about this… Cheers.

it changed based on your actual line measurments. your neighbours don’t have that problem. so there is a problem but the network owner downgrade your max speed to “resolve” the issue.

Reageer