Beantwoord

T-mobile Thuis - No internet since 16.9.2020 due to network

• 24 September 2020
  • 1 reactie
  • 148 Bekeken

First of all, I am a T-Mobile customer since 2009. In 2016 I moved into a new apartment and picked Vodafone as provider. Some time later Vodafone was acquired by T-Mobile, and since then I am really not happy with what I get.

I hope someone from T-mobile will read this, because I am seriously considering cancelling my contract, because the customer service is so bad, I have no words to describe it.

Since 16. September 2020 9:00am I am out of internet. I went through the standard procedure of troubleshooting the issue. I was not able to resolve it, and called customer service.

The CSR was friendly, he tried to help. I patiently went through all steps I had previously undergone myself. He could not figure out what the issue was but understood that I depend on internet so I can work from home.

The CSR was so kind to give me a voucher for 7 days so I can use my mobile phone to hotspot. He said that my case will be transferred to another department so they can investigate. They will contact me. That did not happen.

Days later I found out that many of my neighbours also were out of internet. Many of them are though with KPN, and so I called T-mobile Thuis again on Monday 21st.

The lady CSR on the phone went again through the entire procedure, until she listened to me and understood that I expect to be contacted by their department but have not been contacted yet. She apologized for their delay.

I explained to her that the lost connectivity must be an issue with the network infrastructure because I live in an apartment complex with 200 apartments and many people are out of internet - independent of their providers (KPN, T-Mobile, etc.).

She didn’t even know about a connectivity issue, yet I do know that other neighbours who are also with T-Mobile Thuis reported it.

Today, 24. September 2020 I FINALLY received an email and an SMS from Gideon. Now here comes the first joke: They want to schedule an appointment so they can check my modem.

The next joke: The earliest date possible to check on my modem is October 10th. Wow! I can’t believe that …

1. … T-mobile seems not to understand what the issue is. I bet these guys will show up when internet may be back. Who knows?
  2. … T-mobile customer service must be out of their mind. Are you really expecting me to have 25 full days no internet connectivity and pay a full months worth of internet all while the battery of my mobile phone is running hot every day because I need to use it as hotspot so I can have my conference calls with co-workers distributed all over the planet? Seriously?  I know someone who is currently stuck on Costa Rica because of this pandemic and who has better service than I!

Dear T-Mobile thuis team: 

This has nothing to do with Covid-19 limitations. This comes back to a poorly designed customer experience. I have explained things on the phone and your department that is supposed to investigate could have used the information and reached out to the network provider instead of sending me someone who will check my modem. I will welcome them when they show up, but I honestly can not take you serious any more.

This is ridiculous and flat out unacceptable!

Will anyone actually look into the issue and find out what the network problem is and what I can expect? I just need someone to understand whats happening and communicate what will be done.

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 27 September 2020, 12:11

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Good afternoon @bettinakast,

Thank you for the detailed information, and I'm very sorry that we haven't been able to solve this yet. I was quite shocked to read that Guidion could only come by on the 10th of October, but I am happy to see that the appointment was moved forward and that they will come by coming Wednesday.

I can assure you: our technical department has checked with the network operator if there were any issues in your area with the network, and they were not able to find any. Therefore it is quite useful if the Guidion technician is able to rule out our equipment.

We will certainly credit any days on which you were not connected to our internet, and we'll continue to monitor your internet line!

Reageer