Beantwoord

Terrible service from Guidion

Dear T-mobile,

After 10 days of waiting for the installation technician I've been finally connected to the fiberglass network of T-mobile. My subscription is 750Mbps.

What I expected to see is a good quality internet and a good quality wifi signal.
What I see now is 20-40Mbps internet speed on wifi, when I stand close the router and very poor quality wifi signal.

Unfortunately, I was not at home during the installation, so I had to rely on professionalism of the Guidion technician.
Attached is the werkbon, which states what job has been done. It states that the Wi-Fi signal was measured. Ok. I believe that, but the signal was measured only next to the router, probably, because I don't have any signal at attic (zolder) at all. In this case I expect that I would get a free* wifi repeater, but still nothing. Not even a note on a werkbon about the poor signal of wifi on the other floors and that the repeater is required.

I think you need to choose a better installation service for your company, if you expect your clients to be satisfied and get less calls to your support.

Now to the second problem, what's wrong with the internet speed? I'm going to measure it tonight via ethernet cable and a speedtest desktop utility to get the most out of it, but still 20-40Mbps is very very low!! I cannot even Skype normally, because of the poor connectivity. Maybe the router settings are wrong or something else, that's my first experience with fiberglass. Again we are coming back to the quality of the service by Guidion. They just connect the end user and doesn't care about the quality and in the werkbon it looks like everything is working perfectly, but in reality it is not.

You need to investigate and fix that problems. Otherwise, your users is going to leave. I was very satisfied with Ziggo and 400Mbps in my previous home, and there are 2 reasons why I switched to T-mobile in my new place, because of the better price and promised 750Mbps via fiberglass. Now, please try to hold your new customers.

Best regards,
Limpopo
icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 15 March 2018, 15:48

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

17 reacties

My speedtest via cat6 cable.
Reputatie 7
Hi Limpopo,

I'll see to getting all this sorted out right away! I will personally see if we can solve the issue with the ethernet connection. I checked the connection remotely on our side and it appears to be working properly. A cat 6 cable should also be just fine and you have a low ping and jitter. This leads me to believe it might be a hardware issue which is causing the slower speed. Is it possible to test the ethernet connection with another device to see if this might be the case? And could you also try the other port (either 1 or 2)? It might also be the settings of the network card which can solve by adjusting the following:

Change your network adapter to a static 1 Gbps full duplex
o  Search for the 'Network and Sharing Center'
o  Click to the left on 'Change Adapter Settings‘
o  Select the adapter through which you're currently connected
o  Rightclick and select ‘Properties’
o  Click on ‘Configure’
o  Under the ‘Advanced’ tab activate 1.0 Gbps full duplex

I would also like to see about your WiFi problems, we offer a WiFi guarantee for one floor above or below the modem. So if the modem is on the ground floor then we guarantee a WiFi signal on the first floor but not on the attic floor because there are too many factors that can influence WiFi to guarantee this. If you're also experiencing WiFi problems on the ground and first floor then could you send me results of the speedtests for the locations? Then I'll see what I can do to help solve this!
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hi Limpopo,

Dont blame the technician, hè is not making the rulles. That is on T-Mobile
Only one WiFi measurement Will be done and hè is only allowed to do something of the WiFi speed is below 10 Mbit. And no wirred check Will be done.

On a network Cable you always het the full 750mbit speed. If your devices van handel the speeds and the right testingmethod is used.
Hi guys,

The issue with the speed is gone. Eventually it was the ethernet cable. Since I haven't completely moved in, it is a little bit mess with the boxes laying around etc. I just picked the first cable from the box and plugged in and by Murphy's law it was the old 100Mpbs 4wire Siemens profinet cable.
Speed is 770Mbps down and up with the right cable. Sorry about that.

Regarding the wifi issue, it is still there. I've made the measurements of the signal and the speed one floor above the router. In my bedroom which is a common place where people are using their wifi, for example laying in the bed at night before the sleep (I know it is a bad habbit). Signal is around 76-78dBm and measured speed is around 3.3-3.7Mbps.

Best regards,
Limpopo
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hi Limpopo,

Try to place the antenna horizontal so you get a better reception upstairs.
Hi Limpopo,

Try to place the antenna horizontal so you get a better reception upstairs.

Thanks for the advise. See the attachment. This is how it's been setup by the installateur.
Is that what you mean?
Reputatie 7
Hi Limpopo, good to hear that the wired speed has been solved! I've just moved house myself and it can get a bit hectic 🙂. Thanks for the pictures, you are correct the antenna on the right now sends the signal up and down.

Is the wifi speed of 3.54 Mbps you sent with this setup? If see that you're using a Wifi analyser, have you already tried changing the channel based on the analyzer readings? You can change the channel by logging in to the modem through http://192.168.1.1. under 'Wireless LAN' -> 'General Setup' -> 'Channel'. The preferred channels are 1, 6, and 11 but you could also choose one that's relatively "free" of interfering signals.

Let me know what the results are, if these steps don't improve the speed then I can send over a mechanic for the Wifi signal!
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the response. Yes, current speed signal with the setup as on the photo.
I haven't tried changing the channels yet, but I will try your recommendations this evening and let you know the outcome.
Reputatie 7
Hi Limpopo,

Very good, let me know what the results are and then we'll see what we can do! 🙂
Hi Brian,

So I did some measurements yesterday. See the attachments.

The one with measured speed of 5.85-5.90 is when I changed the channel to a less congested.

The other two attachments one with wifi signal 68dBm and the speed of 8.07-7.80 are the results after I rotated the antenna 45deg CW. Speed got better, but I had some losses as well 😞

This is the best results I could get.

Best regards,
Lim
up!
Reputatie 7
@Limpopo

I understand that you're eager to get an answer, but it's quite busy at this moment, so it can take a while. An answer will be provided as soon as possible, but you're not supposed to bump your topic. Topics will be handled in order when they're received.

You can expect a reply as soon as possible.
I see that the other topics get answered but no reaction to mine for 2 days! That's why I bump it, as you say! It is also called a gentle reminder!
Reputatie 7
Hey Limpopo don't worry I haven't forgotten you 😉 It's relatively busy at the moment, apologies for the delay and thank you for the speedtest results! Those obvisouly won't do so I'm sending a mechanic over to fix the WiFi. They will contact you by phone to make an appointment!
That's great! Thank you, Brian! 🙂
Don't believe what they told you. They are not gonna fix nothing, I have switched to tmobile like you just because the same reasons, and the worst decision i've ever made, i was also with Ziggo. The speed is not what they promised, in the second floor of my home the connection basically does not work. Is more, my router stops working at least once a day and i need to restart it. the wifi access point disappears and the 5G it has never showed up. when the routers freezes, the tv also does not work, as they provide tv via internet. They send me a link to make appointment with guideon and the earliest is 1 month! wtf me as a client have to wait 1 month to fix it. I am client only for 1 month and all are problems with tmobile. I am going to try to get out of the contract.

Good luck
Reputatie 7
@Girulo

I've noticed you also made your own topic. Keep in mind that there's no need to spam our Community. We understand this is a frustrating matter for you, but one post about it is enough for us to help you. Since this is an old topic, this topic will be closed and your own topic will remain open.