Beantwoord

The globe light turned red after restart

• 19 March 2020
  • 20 reacties
  • 2698 Bekeken

After restarting my modem, suddenly the globe loght turned red and there is no connection. 

Tried everything in the guide (reboot, power, etc.) but anything worked.

Every light on the router is green, except for the globe - aka the connection - which is red.

What can I do?

icon

Beste antwoord door baydinoglu 20 March 2020, 13:45

Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @baydinoglu 

Do you have a fiber or dsl connection?

In case of dsl check your DSL connection to your ISRA and the wires as well, are you also using the grey DSL cable? Make sure only red and blue are connected in your ISRA.

In case of fiber try turning off the media converter for a few minutes by removing the power.

I have DSL and my modem is Zyxel T-50.

I don’t think there is a cable issue because before I restarted the modem everything is OK.

And yes, my DSL light is green.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @baydinoglu

Could have been a small problem in the connection, everything is working now?

No it is not OK. The globe light is still red.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@baydinoglu

Oh sorry my bad, you said dsl light is green.

But what sort of a ISRA do you have? Is it the box that came along with you modem or a wall socket? If you have a wall socket its worth checking the wires inside, if any other wires are connected they can cause problems so just red and blue.

If nothing seems to work and everything is connected good you could try a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back for around 10 seconds using a small pin.

I’ve tried factory reset but nothing changed instead of my wifi name.

I checked the wiring, it is OK. I also can see my wifi name changes in the tmobile my thuis page. So, I’m sure modem is connected to the line. However, I couldn’t understand why there is no DSL signal?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @baydinoglu, I’ve checked your connection and consulted with our technicians. You live in an area affected by a loss of internet service, this means it could take some time before you have a working connection again. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Luckily, you already spoke with my colleagues regarding the issue and I understand they sent you a voucher code with Unlimited Internet. i truly hope the issue will be dealt with quickly! In the meantime: stay safe and strong! :muscle_tone2:

Thanks @Jason now the connection is OK.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

That’s great to hear, so glad it’s working now! Thanks for sharing. If ever you experience any issues or have a question, feel free to ask the Community! :smile:

My red light is on now as well in Jordaan Amsterdam. 

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Was it working before? Have you tried resetting your modem and media converter in case of glasvezel?

Yes was working all day today until around 18:00.
I unplugged it and that didn’t work.

How do I reset the modem and media converter? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Router = modem.

If you have fiber than you'll have black box in your fuse box (media converter) just remove the power.

I have the white box. Zyxel T-50.

I need some help with this please so I can get back to work. What should I do? Or is there a full outage in my area? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@BMontgom

Im just a customer like you but if everything on your side is good than it could be a problem with the KPN line.

What kind of a ISRA do you have? Is it the box that came with the installation box or a wall socket? Make sure only red and blue are connected. Other wires can cause problems. Also check your T-mobile account is their nothing visible under storingen?

You fixed my last problem T-mobile and I am very grateful for that!

But the problem is back. This time the Globe light is not red but it is flashing green and I cannot connect to the wifi network in my home. What should I do? Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@BMontgom

A flashing globe is normally the sign of data being used. Are devices which are connected with an internet cable to the modem working?

Try resetting your modem or choose to forget the wifi network on your device and try again.

Thanks. What is strange is that one of my computers can stay connected but the other will not connect… I have forgotten the network but no luck. Perhaps I will give it a bit of time. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Thanks. What is strange is that one of my computers can stay connected but the other will not connect… I have forgotten the network but no luck. Perhaps I will give it a bit of time. 

Hi @BMontgom, that sounds like an internal issue with the other computer. Have you tried disabling the Wifi-adapter en then enabling it after a reboot? That should do the trick, usually! If this doesn’t help, I’m positive there other solutions and we’ll find one together. That’s what the Community is for! :smile:

Reageer