Beantwoord

The internet is not working from this morning. help me

• 19 August 2020
  • 14 reacties
  • 223 Bekeken

Hello, 

My internet is not working from this morning.

I turned the modem up and down several times, but it 's not working.

It 's same with url below.

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/my-t-mobile-thuis-connection-is-down-315484

I would like to fix it asap because I am having  to work from home.

My client number: XXXX

Moderator edit: please don't add personal info to a public post. Thanks! 

icon

Beste antwoord door danfung46 20 August 2020, 16:20

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @danfung46 

Do you have fiber or DSL?

If you have Fiber remove the power from the black mediaconverter for about a minute.

If you have DSL how is your modem connected to the main ISRA? Try turning your modem off for about a minute.

If you look in your T-Mobile thuis account under actuele storingen do you see anything?

I have a DSL and I don’t have the ISRA. 

The internet line is directly connected to the modem  from underground in front of my house.

Could you request to engineer checking the line of my internet?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

I'm not a moderator sorry but did you have a look in your T-Mobile thuis account under actuele storingen to see if there is any issue on the KPN network? If there is any issue than its a matter of patience.

No there is no issue in my account.

Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @danfung46, welcome to the Community! @Waqqas already posted a couple of tips and tricks, I'll try and add as much as possible.

I've thoroughly analyzed your connection and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the connection as is. Could you please be so kind as to post a photo of the modem? Which lights are on/blinking? Is the globe-LED green or blinking, or is it glowing red? 

If I understand you correctly, both the Internet (cabled connection) and Wifi aren't working, right? 

I tried to turn the modem down for 5 mins  2 times.

It’s working well now.

Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

That's fantastic news! 😄 Enjoy your subscription and if ever you require help, please don't hesitate to ask. Have an amazing weekend! 🌞

Reputatie 1

Hi,

home internet not working from this  morning also we had a disrupt last evening around 3 for 1 hour .. even after restarting modem it is not fixed , can you check and advice?  [Moderator edit: it's not allowed to share private information publicly.]

Regards

Satish 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Sbalram 

What is the status of the lights on the mediaconverter? Which lights are on, blinking or off?

Reputatie 1

it was blinking ..internet is back now after being down for 2 hours (9:30-11:30)-.. Can you check what is causing this ?  

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Sbalram 

When the PON LED is blinking then your connection gets broken because the splitter in the PoP detects a faulty mediaconverter which can cause problems for other connections.

Reputatie 1

@Waqqas this seems to be too technical, do I need to do anything to fix this myself , btw I have requested to switch to optical fiber from 1st July, is the could be related to that request??

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Sbalram oh sorry I thought you allready had Fiber but the loss of connection is not caused by your request to switch to Fiber from 1st July.

I'm not a moderator so I cannot see the exact cause, maybe an outage on the KPN network.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Sbalram,

Thanks for your message! It seems like it was a short hick-up outage, my sincere apologies. I'm glad to see and read that the services are back up and your connection is back. Please let us know if anything arises again, we're here for you.

Reageer