Beantwoord

WAN connection drops time to time (DSL)

• 16 September 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 640 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hello, 

Today I’ve installed my new Zyxel VMG8825-T50. Most of the time the Internet connection works just fine.

But time to time Internet stops working. 

At that time I can still access the admin UI of my Zyxel, WiFi is smooth and stable, DSL connection is there, but the network is gone (for example, “no route to host” when pinging 8.8.8.8 from the T50 UI).

After enabling logging on T50, I noticed, that the problem occurs around the moment of the modem renewing the WAN DHCP leases.

I see 2 interfaces: 10.x.x.x/255.254.0.0 and 31.x.x.x/255.255.248.0.

So the last time when the connection broke, I went to the “System info” tab of T50 and renewed the lease of 31.x.x.x manually. And it helped. 

Now I don’t think something is wrong on the hardware level. 

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 18 September 2020, 12:55

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @AlexeyK, welcome to T-Mobile and the Community! Let’s see if we can find the cause of this. I just checked your connection remotely and everything seems to be working fine at first glance, I see five devices connected on port 2 and one device on port 4. So it seems like you are using a switch or router, are you also experiencing the connection problems with the router/switch disconnected? In these cases it’s most often a case of testing all the different devices and excluding them one by one to determine the possible cause. It’s best to connect 1 device directly to the modem, test it and then start adding more devices until the problem start occuring and then working back from there.

Also just to check, you’re talking about the internal/home network, not a remote connection (through VPN for example) correct?

Hello @Brian,

Thanks for answering!

I do indeed have an AP connected to port 2. 

But I was talking about the internet connection, so not internal/home network issues. 

It was pretty bad on the first day when I just set up the modem. 

But it seems to be stable today and yesterday, even though I didn’t touch the setup anyhow. 

TL;DR: The problem is now mysteriously gone without any action on my side. 

Reputatie 6

Thanks for letting us know @AlexeyK! Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. We’re here to help!

Reageer