Beantwoord

Wap 6807 Amplifier not working

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 1162 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hi.

I recently got Zyxel Wap 6807 amplifier/ extender from Tmobile to get better Wifi coverage in the bedroom, which is quite far away from the modem. (Zyxel T-50)

I have been able to configure the extender but the wifi light (bottom most) keeps blinking. The top two (power & connectivity) are green & stable.

Also interestingly, the amplifier wifi always shows up once when i power ON the amplifier but after some time it gets off. I was able to connect & browse through that network only once. 

So concretely, I think I am trying to answer below questions: 

1. Is the WiFi light expected to blink continuously? If not, how do I get it to fix?
  2. Will the amplifier broadcast wifi network under the same name as the Modem or will it create a new one (like xxx_EXT)? If new network, then why does it not show up?

P.S.

• I have reset the amplifier more than couple times already. And the behaviour persists. 
  • Using amplifier/ extender to refer to the same outcome (get better wiif coverage in my bedroom). Not sure if they are technically different. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Marcel MCi 3 August 2020, 19:59

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hi rkl,

You can use the "MPro Mesh" app to configure and monitor the connection with the WAP. Login the app using the admin account mentioned on the wifi-card on the back of the modem. The wap gets the same name and password as the wifi of your Zyxel modem using the "mesh" technology.

Regards, Marcel

I guess that the WiFi LED blinking maybe represent ......
WAP6807 is sending/receiving data via wireless

edit: added the extender photo in main post. Unable to delete this.

Reageer