Beantwoord

weak wifi in 1st floor / almost no wifi in 2nd floor

• 16 October 2019
  • 19 reacties
  • 430 Bekeken

Hi there, 

We moved to new house and we have no wifi in 2nd floor and weak wifi in 1st floor. I read your instructions but your recommendation(s) did not work.

I have Hauwai modem and it sits in entance hall.

Could you help me?

Thanks,

icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 8 November 2019, 13:50

Bekijk origineel

19 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @Goodarztalebi,

T-Mobile Thuis offers WIFI service. Webcare can arrange someone to help you out with this service. The mechanic will perform some tests to the WIFI signal and installs a repeater for you if applicable. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Goodarztalebi 

If you are in the entrance hall with your mobile do you get a good signal?

Maybe you can try changing the channel in MY T-mobile thuis on the website.

Thanks @Waqqas for answering,

Yes, it is good signal in the entrance and i am using 2.4 and 5 GHZ channels.

even 2.4 HZ does not reach to the second floor.

Hello@Goodarztalebi,

T-Mobile Thuis offers WIFI service. Webcare can arrange someone to help you out with this service. The mechanic will perform some tests to the WIFI signal and installs a repeater for you if applicable. 

Hi @TAVL 

thanks for reacting.

How to request such a webcare guy?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

They are active on this community, and will contact you. This may take up to 24-48 hours. If not, please let me know. 

They are active on this community, and will contact you. This may take up to 24-48 hours. If not, please let me know. 

then wait for such a life-savers:cowboy:

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

You could try to set the modem to 20Mhz instead of 20/40Mhz. Helped in my case to improve the stability and speed. 

my modem has to channels (as far as i know),  2.4 and 5 MHz,

I guess you should use low frequency if you want to send far. am i right? we get some weak 2.4 MHz in 1st floor and nothing from 5 MHz.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are the frequenties on which the channels are you can choose (or automatic). 

20/40Mhz is a different setting in your modem. You could try to change this by entering the menus of your modem.  

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are the frequenties on which the channels are you can choose (or automatic). 

20/40Mhz is a different setting in your modem. You could try to change this by entering the menus of your modem.  

Thanks, will try it tonight.

Reputatie 7

Hey @Goodarztalebi,

The wireless signal can be impacted by allot of external factors. The thickness of the walls, the amount of electrical appliances and even the signal your neighbors are creating can disturb your own WiFi signal. There are a couple things you can do to improve the signals yourself! Here you can find a great tool tip (in Dutch) what to do. If you still experience problems with your Wifi signal, then we can make sure that an engineer will visit your place. Please let us know if the 20/40 Mhz setting solved the issue!

Hi @Piotr 

thank you for your advice and i tried it.

it didnot work actually and i still do not have wifi in the 2nd floor.

do you have any repeater device or other solution?

BR,

Goodarz

Hi @Piotr ,

Any idea about resolving my problem for WIFI in 1st and 2nd floor?

Reputatie 7

Hi@Goodarztalebi

With the Wifi-tips in this topic you can optimize your Wifi in your house. We have a guarantee of Wifi for one floor above or below the modem. The Wifi on the second floor will be a challenge. The best thing to do is get an accessspoint on the first (or even third) floor. My advice is to use a cabled accesspoint (and not a wireless one). There a various accesspoints on the market. I can't give you advice on choosing one, but I'm sure you'll get the best advice in any hardware shop. Will you keep us informed? 

Hi @Sander ,

Signal is weak in 1st floor and in 2nd floor there is no any signal and i prefer to use wifi. I expect t-mobile give required hard ware to support wifi in my home area. could you send your mentor to check and give his advice in place. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Goodarztalebi 

Can you give a screenshot of the results of the speedtest.net app next to modem on the first dloor and the second floor ?

and can you tell us if you have dsl or fiber internet and the speed you expected to get

Reputatie 7

Hi @Goodarztalebi

I'm here to help with your Wifi, have no doubt! Could you place the speedresults on the first floor here? Could you also tell me what adjustments you have made to the Wifi frequency and what network (2,4 or 5G) you use on the first floor?

Hi @Sander,

Do I upload here or send to you in private?

Reputatie 7

Hi, 

You can add the screenshots here in this topic. Private messages don't have this function.

Reageer