Beantwoord

Wegvallend internet (Engels)

• 19 November 2019
  • 23 reacties
  • 602 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 12 reacties

Hello, I’ve been having issues with my internet connection for a long time now. Maybe someone could check what is wrong.

~ Tried everything from reseting to opening ports and closing some. Nothing worked. 

I get disconnects frequently. Internet light on router goes out.

Basically I’m paying for 50mbps and getting 10 at best.

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 20 January 2020, 18:40

Bekijk origineel

23 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @Dio12 

Is this regarding DSL or glasvezel?

How is your modem connected to the main line in case of DSL?

If you remove all devices connected to the modem and just connect one laptop to LAN 1 cabled, what speed do you get with Ookla speedtest app?

Hi@Dio12 

Is this regarding DSL or glasvezel?

How is your modem connected to the main line in case of DSL?

If you remove all devices connected to the modem and just connect one laptop to LAN 1 cabled, what speed do you get with Ookla speedtest app?

My connection is DSL since there’s no glasvezel here yet, router is plugged directly on the wall.

The only device connected to the router directly is my PC and I get the same results every time.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Dio12  can you check if the cable to the wall socket is coming straight from the main line in your fuse box and there is nothing between the main line (isra) and wall socket?

And no other cables connected behind the socket?

Its always better to have your router connected directly to you isra point for the best results.

Have you Checked via the t-mobile postcodecheck what your maximum speed will be?

@Dio12  can you check if the cable to the wall socket is coming straight from the main line in your fuse box and there is nothing between the main line (isra) and wall socket?

And no other cables connected behind the socket?

Its always better to have your router connected directly to you isra point for the best results.

Have you Checked via the t-mobile postcodecheck what your maximum speed will be?

The cable is coming through the floor going downstairs.

Forgot to mention. Recommended connection was DSL50, so I got it and for 3 months I had 35Mbps. It is only recently that it dropped to 10Mbps.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Yes you can choose 50 mb but what does the post code check say what speed should be available at your address?

Do you live on the first floor and someone else on the ground floor? Or is your router just connected at the 1st floor? 

Also is there another connection in the wall downstairs where your cable is also connected? 

By recommended connection I meant the Post Code check, which was 50mbps.

I live on the 2nd floor and the line is going through the 1st floor to ground floor. Don’t think they’re connected though.

This shouldn’t really be an issue though

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Dio12,

Sorry to hear your internet-connection’s been having some issues as of lately. No worries though, if it’s a cabled connection, we always have ways to fix it! I’ve performed an extended line analysis and see some minor errors pop up. Nothing much to worry about. There must be another cause. First we’ll check the most important things:

- Check which lights are on on the modem. Does WAN or Internet not light up? Then disconnect the modem from the power for 10 seconds by unplugging the power cord.

- Is it about WiFi and is the WLAN light not on? Then press the button "WLAN / WPS / Wireless / wifi" until the light comes on.

- Are the lights on, but you are not connected? Then connect your computer directly to the modem with an internet cable on port 1 or 2 of the modem. If you have a Zyxel modem, it doesn't matter which port you connect the computer to. Does it still not work after this? Then follow this link: https://thuisservice.t-mobile.nl/internet-en-email/wel-wifi-geen-internet. This allows you to solve common problems. Hope this helps!

I’ve tried everything you mentioned, nothing has worked so far.

Also couldn’t for the life of me find a phone number to talk to a person. I need someone to tell me if it is a line problem so I stop wasting all my free time in the router options ^_^

Reputatie 7

Hi @Dio12, it sounds like the modem isn’t directly connected to the ISRA (connection point where the cable comes in from the street) but that it’s going from the ISRA up to your floor. Is it possible to test the modem directly connected to the ISRA or to test it with a different cable from the ISRA? Because I do see errors on the line and something doesn’t seem to be connected properly but the question is what. It then becomes a process of elimination starting with your own hardware, network cables, the modem, the connection of the modem to ISRA and so on all the way up to the incoming connection.

There

Hi @Dio12, it sounds like the modem isn’t directly connected to the ISRA (connection point where the cable comes in from the street) but that it’s going from the ISRA up to your floor. Is it possible to test the modem directly connected to the ISRA or to test it with a different cable from the ISRA? Because I do see errors on the line and something doesn’t seem to be connected properly but the question is what. It then becomes a process of elimination starting with your own hardware, network cables, the modem, the connection of the modem to ISRA and so on all the way up to the incoming connection.

I opened up the wan outlet this is what I got. Looks wrong, but I don’t really know what it’s supposed to look like. It is coming directly from underneath the floor, also it is the only outlet for internet in the whole house, so I suppose it is connected directly to ISRA.

By the way it used to work fine. I had 35mbps and for some reason now I got 10.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Dio12 That indeed looks like the ISRA. Is it possible to get a better picture of the ISRA and split wires coming out of the lower cable? It looks fine at a glance but it’s a bit hard to tell in this picture.

Here you go, sorry for the wait had to do some stuff.

See if there are an issues with the way this was connected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Dio12,

Thanks for the clear pictures, that really shows what the ISRA looks like. I’m not entirely sure if the wires are supposed to be attached accordingly. I’ll perform an extended line analysis just like @Brian did to try and see where the issue lies. From the looks of it and bases on the info you gave, I’d have to agree with what Brian said regarding the ISRA. I’ll be right back!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Dio12 Alright, the results are in and what Brian said sounds the most logical: either your modem isn’t connected directly to the ISRA, or there’s a malfunction/disruption somewhere between the main distribution frame and your ISRA. How often does the signal disconnect and is it a random occurrence?

Here is some information from the router I found.

DSL INFORMATION: 

DSL synchronization status:

Up

Connection status:

Showtime

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):

Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):

Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):

Upstream interleave depth:

Downstream interleave depth:

Line standard:

VDSL

Upstream line attenuation (dB):

Downstream line attenuation (dB):

Upstream output power (dBmV):

Downstream output power (dBmV):

Downstream interleave depth:

None

DSL up time:

0 days 21 hours 46 minutes 17 seconds

Regular disconnects, twice a day or so.

A month ago, I just remembered that at some point I couldn’t even connect to servers. I reseted the router, then I found which ports I need for each program I’m using and what I need for browsing and I added them to the router’s firewall.

4000 DNS [Static-AC-22-0B-C7-44-56_Ethernet]

80 WebServer(HTTP) [same as above]

443 IPSEC [same as above]

1119 FTPSERVER [same as above]

Also I use vpn (not all the time, just for netflix) maybe that’s the problem, but I looked it up and most sources say vpn should lower your speed to 80% efficiency tops.

Okay new update.

Problem hasn’t been solved. I started getting disconnects again.

Cable error 8180 3-4 times a day.

Searched this problem on the forum and many people have had the same issue.

Reputatie 7

Hey @Dio12,

I've informed our technical department about this problem. We're doing our utterly best to solve this problem for you. As soon as we know more, we'll contact you directly. Help is on the way!

Ok guys, whatever you did worked. It disconnected a couple of times and then I had a normal connection. Thanks for resolving the issue.

Hello again, problems are back.

Whatever you did fixed the internet speed. I still get disconnected from the internet too frequently.

For example I play a game online and after 10-15 minutes I get disconected. I sat and looked at the router and first the wan light goes out then the internet. Wan comes back in 5 seconds but the internet takes a good minute.

After each disconnect I have to go to the router setting and connect with no user account. ( connecting with my account doesn’t work, whenever I do I have no internet access)

Also

TR069 R VID 100 stays connected

INTERNET_VOICE_R_VID_300 disconnects.

Any suggestions?

Tried all the suggestions on the help section of t-mobile and some others from other forums. Nothing worked.

Reputatie 7

Hey @Dio12,

Our technical department is still working on a solution for this problem. You don't have to worry, we do our utterly best to solve this problem as soon as possible. For now, thank you for your patience! We'll contact you as soon as we receive more information.

Hi again. It’s been almost a month since the mechanic came and he said the problem would be resolved in 10 days but I still have problems with the internet. I’d like to request a new modem, more powerful one than the one I have now and if that doesn’t resolve the issue I’ll start looking for another ISP.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Dio12, the grid operator technician placed a new patch on 10-01-2020 which was supposed to solve the issue. However I just checked your incoming connection and I still see a lot of errors. I forwarded a request to our technical department to solve this once and for all and my colleagues will contact you in 2 or 3 workdays. I except us to send a mechanic over to check the connection and the modem in your residence. We’ll see to getting this fixed!

Reageer