Beantwoord

What is the official fault threshold for glass fibre internet?

• 5 November 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 218 Bekeken

Reputatie 1
  • is een Top Poster
  • 7 reacties

I’ve Internet 750 glass fibre service.

It’s really good - most of the time.

Twice in this year, I’ve had problems and reported it to T-Mobile Service desk.

Both times, I was told a different story for the fault threshold.

First I was told 25% of the service offering - 563Mb/s

Second I was told 10% of the service offering - 675Mb/s

Well, they can’t both be correct. So what is the official fault threshold on the service offering for a glass fibre service?

icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 5 November 2019, 21:39

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @wonko 

In 1 of 10 speedtest 90% of the speed and normal 85% of the speed.

This must be measured on a direct cable connection to the modem with the speedtest.net desktop app.

If you can't get the speed please use a other cable and computer. it is more common the device is the problem the incoming speed is almost always ok on a fiber connection 

On the WiFi there is a minimus stable connection of 10Mbit on DSL and 20Mbit on fiber on the floor of the modem and one above.

Reputatie 1

Thanks,

So the fault threshold is 637.5Mb/s on this service?

Tests are conducted as specified. I do not have a second computer to test with, but I do have two docking stations - giving me three Gb LAN adaptors.

All three report similar results.

Additionally, I have a WiFi repeater connected by Gb LAN in bridge where I would typically, putting my phone on the actual repeater, receive speeds in the region of 500Mb/s - these tests too, whilst not conclusive are also well down on what I would normally see.

Reputatie 1

Reputatie 7

@wonko i’m not familiair with the graphic you are showing. what do you use for that?

Reputatie 1

I wouldn’t expect you to be familiar with it as it is something I produce for my own records.

What do I use it for? well, the clue is in the title.

It shows the average weekly figure of the up/down speeds from multiple speed tests in the period. Thus showing to T-Mobile giving a good indication of a problem. The zero line then being the fault threshold as you defined it 85% above is great. Below there is a problem.

So a weekly summary of the average speed recorded as opposed to well I ran a few tests and here’s what I got on days x,y,z….

Reageer