Beantwoord

Yet another dead FO lamp

• 22 October 2020
  • 10 reacties
  • 274 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

On my old address, I used t-mobile thuis fiber optic, works fine. This month I moved to new address and then drama start

• 19-10-2020 Guidion technician came. Fiber optic does not work (No signal), KPN Network need to check
  • 22-10-2020 KPN Network technician came, he said something about new modem / media converter that t-mobile need to provide thats why the modem and media converter that i brought from the old address does not work
  • KPN Network make appointment Guidion to bring new modem and media converter on 28-10-2020

Meanwhile I tried anything I found in the forum

FO lamp is NOT on, but I saw it my self when KPN Network technician tested it, there is signal, he used something like test pen for electricity

Test with another FO cable (the yellow cable), FO lamp still not on

Try any media converter combination 3,4 or 1,6 or 2,4,5,6 Not working

I ruled out broken media converter and modem because those machine just work before

Questions

• Is it true that Guidion will bring new modem and media converter? When I called customer service, they say Guidion will bring it. Redirected Guidion, they say t-mobile should send it to me, they will just make a note :(
  • Am I victim of GPON (KPN) vs ODF (T-Mobile) war? What new device that t-mobile need to provide in new address? I can't seems to be able to find some new device here

Seems people get their trouble solved after posting question in this forum, here i am trying my luck, tmobile forum please do your magic…..

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 26 October 2020, 10:14

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@draco2000 kpn needs to prove the connection is working. the have there own media convertor. and need to call T Mobile to measure it or move the port in the pop. the guidion tech has spare parts for T Mobile. If you lucky you get an infra tech from Guidion and can do both sides in one visit

Reputatie 1

Guidion tech who came looks like just intern who dont even test connection after setting up.

The more i read the forum the more horror story i read.

Kpn network guy who call tmobile to fix installation. So i assume he already prove the connection is there.

Reputatie 1

I really cant see where the problem is

Signal coming to meter kast

Media converter and modem are fine

FO cable also fine

The solution on 28-10-2020 is new media converter and modem, is there something that make devices only work in my old address? I highly doubt it

The modem is 

VMG8825-T50

Installation package still a ping pong between tmobile and guidion, according klanten service when i called them, its guidion, but according to guidion i can request it to tmobile

28-10-2020 is tmobile last chance to make things right, otherwise i need to start a plan to move away from tmobile. This will cost me approx more than 100 euro. For anyone who change address like me, its seriously bad idea to change address with tmobile, better close the contract and move to another provider.

Tmobile is fighting with kpn at this moment, tmobile undercut the price of internet connection, and kpn is just like, dude i own the network cable! For customer like us, we just choose cheapest solution that works! But this is not working.

The only clue i have left is a news that kpn makes tmobile unable to service thousands of fiber optic customer, that gpon and odf thing i guess. 

It will be nice if there is a way to know this gpon odf thing, i only able to think, gpon makes 1 giga connection works with fiber, when i check with kpn, both old and new address have this 1 giga offer, thus gpon odf issue maybe wrong, it will be nice if i could get confirmation from tmobile!

Maybe tmobile can give me dsl connection while waiting for fiber optic connection works, this unlimited voucher only extend life for 7 days, internet with 4g is not stable as with fo or dsl, it suck my phone battery like a vampire too.

If guidion send me same monteur like before, highly he will say, fo lamp not on, no signal, stuur naar kpn. Or worst, where is the installation package. I browsed forum, eveybody say there is no signal, only 1 guy say cable is broken, i checked with 2 different cable, both not working.

New device is ONLY make sense if there is different media converter but i dont see anyone has new media converter…

I also think to bring guidion and kpn network together, but nope, they also like to play ping pong, thats what makes them to keep their job, more problem, you need monteur, no problem, no need monteur, no job. Problem is good for them! So we have business interest issue there.…

As customer i do everything i can man, you see me threating to move to another provider, thats because i already hit the wall, cant see how this will be solved, that could be reason why there are lot of posts with dead fo lamp have no conclusive ending  author simply gone, they just move on to another provider i guess.

Reputatie 1

For the sake of sso, verhuizen en fo lampje brandt niet

Reputatie 1

Moderator, can you kindly help me? FO lamp not on simply no signal from kpn, can we speed up thing instead of waiting for guidion on 28-10-2020?

Reputatie 1

Talked to kpnnetwerk, its not about pon, its about wrong converter... 

Reputatie 1

Got new installation package, i see new converter, the white one, the modem still same, i wont touch it till guidion come this wednesday. I think im optimistic this Wednesday ill have internet, finger crossed!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @draco2000, thanks for being so patient and understanding, I know it hasn't been an easy wait so far! 

Thankfully, Guidion will come and finalize the installation on Wednesday. I'm absolutely sure it'll work on the 28th, so that's good news. The converter seems to have been disrupted in some manner, the spare converter may be the same model, but it'll definitely work. Please keep us updated on Wednesday, if possible. If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. The Community's always very eager to help! 

Stay safe and healthy and enjoy your subscription! 

Reputatie 1

Afsparaak tussen 8:00-10:00

Monteur komt om 10:20 

He is nice and makes my meterkast netjes.

He change the black media converter with white Huawei optical network terminal

Change the modem too and here i am typing with my wifi and fiber optic connection!!!

He also test the connection before he leave.

Lesson to learn

- Bring your old device to new location, its not always working, especially for fiber optic connection

- When there is signal and fo lamp dead, media converter may not compatible with the network in the new location

- Move = new contract, we will see if my abonnement back without inflation correction

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @draco2000, glad to hear the technician fixed your connection! Thanks so much for the tips and overall feedback, that really helps us moving forward even more. 

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Have an amazing weekend and stay safe and healthy!

Reageer