Beantwoord

Problemen bij vaste telefoon

• 13 April 2020
  • 15 reacties
  • 1078 Bekeken

Dears

I would like to find a solution to solve the problem with my landline phone.

To explain : I moved to my house in October 2019 and started to use T-Mobile at this time. For about one or 2months, I did not have any issues (to be honnest, the installation was not the best installation that I had with an internet supplier, we had to contact technical service and even KPN...but at the end, it was OK).

I don't know exactly when the problem really started but I suspect in November. From this date, I was able to call (in the Netherlands or to other european countries) but impossible to receive any calls. I contacted several times the technical service of T-mobile. They have already changed the modem 2 times (so it is my 3rd Zyxel modem, exactly same model) but each times it is the same problem. I am still not able to receive any calls. Last time, the technician who came at home tested his own phone and it is clear that the problem does not come from the cable or does not come from the phone feature (I have 2 phones : one Philipps and a new one Gigaset). The call signal arrives to the modem (we can see the light blincking) but the call does not arrives to the phone.

A technician has also tested to make the transfert from the landline phone number to my mobile and in this case, I can receive the call on my mobile.

Mid March, I contacted again the technical service to share a post that I found on the community where people explained that they had same problem as I have and in the post, an update of the modem may be required. The T-mobile employee explained that he would share the post and the proposed solution with the technical service. I received the typical email from T mobile that I would be contacted within 5 days. One month later, still no news from T-mobile and of course problem still not solved.

Please, can you tell me how to solve this issue and how to force T -mobile to take actions and to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot for your information and help

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 6 May 2020, 17:30

Bekijk origineel

15 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Most phones have an own telephone cable and T-mobile also gives you one along with the modem, both cables don't work?

Thanks for your quick answer. I have already tested several cables. The technician has also tested his own special phone directly to the modem and it did not work also. I guess if the problem comes from the cable, I would have the problem also to call and to receive calls. thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@virginie Did you buy both Philips and the Gigaset in the Netherlands?

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Thanks for your quick answer. I have already tested several cables. The technician has also tested his own special phone directly to the modem and it did not work also. I guess if the problem comes from the cable, I would have the problem also to call and to receive calls. thanks

This is strange indeed and it looks like a firmware problem. So the technician made a workaround by redirecting incoming calls to your cell phone. Did he also take extra action to T-Mobile like opening a ticket?

I bought the Gigaset in the Netherlands. I bought to replace the Philips as I thought that maybe Philips phone started becoming old. Philips (not bought in the Netherlands), worked at the beginning when I started with T Mobile.

I had to call T mobile several times as each times, they claimed that they checked and everything it seems fine for them and I think each time they opened a ticket (I received email after contacting them so I guess it means that they opened a ticket). I guess when I contacted them Mid march to share the post about modem update, they have also opened a ticket. I never receive any feedback from T mobile after contacting them, so each time I have to contact T mobile to know if they have done something.

The technician who did the test with redirecting the incoming call was a technician from the customer service (so not the same technician who came at home). then after this call to the customer service, he asked the technical service to send a technician at home.

The technician who came last time and replaced for the 2nd time the modem, told me that he had written additonnal explanations to the technical service to explain the tests he did and what he noticed during the test (like the fact the  call arrives to the modem but does not go further).

thanks a lot for your support

Reputatie 7

Hey @virginie,

Thank you for your details! I see that you've just contacted my colleague yesterday about this issue. My colleague directly contacted our technical department. They are doing their utterly best to solve this problem for you. We'll contact you as soon as possible when we know more. Sadly enough I can't give you any new information at this moment. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! 

Hello Piotr

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, I was contacted by one of your colleagues. Before writting a post, I contacted your colleagues several times (since January) and until now the problem is still not solved. Will see if this time, it works.

Thanks a lot

Dears

I would like to keep you informed about my problem with T-Mobile/landline phone.

As indicated in my previous post above, after I wrote the post on the community (as after several calls to T-mobile and tests with the technical service, the problem was not solved), more than 2 weeks ago, I was contacted again by T-Mobile technical service who was supposed to take care of my problem (as indicated in my post mid April).

Since this (so more than 2 weeks), still no news from T-mobile or technical service ! And of course, my problem is still not solved. I am still not able to receive any calls with the landline phone.

I am really disappointed by T-mobile and technical service.

So if you have any ideas  how to solve the problem or even how to force T-mobile to make an action, I would be happy to hear.

Thanks for your help.

Reputatie 7

Hi @virginie, we are sending over a mechanic again to check the modem and perform some more tests because on the back-end everything should be working. If it doesn’t then the mechanic will let me colleagues know what the test results are and we’ll see how to proceed after that. Apologies for the long wait, our mechanic will contact you shortly!

Dears,

I would like to keep you informed about the problem with the landline phone as I posted more than 4 months ago.

The problem is still not solved !

As indicated by the moderator (Brian) 3 months ago, t mobile has changed the box for the 3rd time (4 boxes in less than 1 year) and none worked for the landline phone (always same problem, only issue to receive the calls). In meanwhile, I had to contact T mobile service to know the progress to solve the issue...each time, I am said that it would be solved soon...and it is never solved. I started contacting T Mobile service in January and in August, it is still not solved.

I have to say that it worked maybe 2 times for few days (means that I was able to receive calls) and after few days it did not work again (without any actions from T Mobile service). Once, T mobile service called on this landline and it worked but the technician told me that he wanted first to test the line before doing anything. He told me that I would be called after few days to be sure that it worked (never done). So I had to call T mobile to keep them informed that it did not work…

It is a pity to spend so much time on this issue but it is quite annoying not to receive calls on this landline.

Any news ideas ? Anyone has had same issue ?

Thanks very much for your help and information

Kind regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @virginie, sorry to hear the issue hasn't been fixed yet. Four months is far too long and there should have been a solution months ago. I've informed our technicians and have asked for them to pick it up with the highest possible urgency and priority!

To be continued soon!

Thanks a lot. I start being desperate to solve this issue one day. Will see...

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @virginie, your landline seems to be provisioned to port 2 instead of port 1 - that's the VOIP phone port on the back of the modem. On the picture below, it's the green phone port (the left one):

Could you please try and connect the homephone to this port? If it's already in phone 2, try phone 1 and reset the base-phone connector. We'll get it to work! 💪😎

Dear Jason, thanks for your feedback.

Indeed, it is on phone 2 since last change as last time, the technician who replaced the box has made the test with both (phone 1 and phone 2). And phone 2 was considered as the right port at this time.

Unfortunately, it is not the first time that Tmobile technicians asked me to change from phone 1 to 2 and vis versa. I think most of the time I contacted the T mobile service I have been asked to switch off the box and change to the other port...and it did not work.

I am OK to try again but honnestly, I am not convinced that it will work as we have already done so many times (hopefully, there are only 2 ports !). I will try tomorrow.

Thanks

Kind regards

Reputatie 7

Hi @virginie, did switching the port do anything? Do let us know how it turned it! :slight_smile:

Reageer