Beantwoord

Tv box was returned but I was charged!

• 28 September 2020
  • 7 reacties
  • 164 Bekeken

I canceled my my TV subscription and I returned the TV box before the deadline. But, today I noticed that I was charged for not returning the tv box. I tried to call costumer service but I could make it. What should I do?

Also, I am not sure that I have the post receipt because it was for the 1st of July.

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 30 September 2020, 09:23

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Maisam, sorry for the inconvenience! We've been experiencing some issues with our distribution system during the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately this has resulted in some packages not being returned on time, which then automatically generated a fine. 

Did you by chance use the PostNL app to start the return process back in July? If so, you can always request a return receipt, also known as a proof of shipment. Please let me know if this works out, if not, we'll have to wait till the package has been returned in our system. 

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the information from July because I started to use the Post.nl app recently. I have checked again and I realized that I returned the TV box a few days before the day that I received the email containing the return number and therefore I did not mention the return number.

However, I returned the TV box on July 2 (almost 1 month before the deadline) and I think it should have been delivered till now, by taking into account the issues in your distribution systems.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Maisam, no worries, it's completely understandable that you don't have a proof of shipment anymore. 

I just checked our system and good news: the package was officially registered as having been returned yesterday! I've made sure you'll receive a reimbursement for the € 90.00 fine. Please make sure you transfer the monthly payment of € 30.00, otherwise extrajudicial collection costs might be added to the invoice.

From your first message I understand that the € 120.00 has been reversed (monthly due + fine). What I can do is postpone the fine by a month so that the compensation can level out the outstanding amount. Because a compensation can normally only be settled after 32 days, this would mean that you first have to pay the fine amount, otherwise nothing can be reimbursed. I have now circumvented that so that you don't have to pay anything - apart from the regular monthly due of course.

Thanks for understanding and being so patient!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your message. Actually, two days ago I sent a refund request to my bank and I got 120€ back yesterday. At the moment, what should I do for the monthly payment? Do I need to transfer only the 30€?

Best regards,

Maisam

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Maisam Yes that's exactly what I meant, thanks for understanding! 😊

Thanks Jason,

But I have not yet received a new invoice. It seems I need to include the invoice number and the client number. Which invoice number should I use?

Also, I got an email from the client service that asked me to pay the amount to this bank account :

T-Mobile Thuis
NL 95 TRY 0637 0559 34

which is different than the count number which I already paid monthly. Also, in my T-Mobile Thuis
account it is asked to pay the amount to the following account:

NL95 COBA 0637 0559 34 

Which account should I use?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

HI @Maisam, the invoice has been postponed till the end of October, that's why you haven't received a new one yet.

No worries though, you may use the following bank account number in order to transfer the monthly due of € 30.00: NL95 COBA 0637 0559 34. Hope this helps clear up the difference! 😊

Reageer