Beantwoord

A month without internet

• 9 May 2019
  • 8 reacties
  • 782 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties
Hi,

I am an old customer of T-Mobile and a new customer of T-Mobile Thuis. I applied for internet connection to my house on April 13. They said it will take two weeks to active the connection. Then KPN called me and they said since the building is renovated, it does not have infrastructure and they were going to do that. Our next door neighbor applied for internet for from KPN. KPN combined the tickets and they said they will come on May 3. Then it was postponed for us and the the appointment they was May 3. When they came on April 36, they completed the connection for our neighbors and they had an internet connection at the same day. They put a box (in the entrance of the building) also for our house and closed the issue without connecting it. You can see the connection they did:
https://imgur.com/a/N3Bq7bT

I contacted to T-Mobile and again to explain the problem. They did not understand the problem before sending this picture to them because the closed issue says the connection is done. Last Wednesday (May 1), a technician from KPN came to fix the problem. He connected the cable in our building but there was no signal. He went to somewhere to solve the problem. When he was back, he said he couldn't open the gray box (the control center for copper wires) in the neighborhood and they will fix it in the next day (May 2). It was a week ago. I still do not have internet connection. When I contact customer service, no one gives me information about the issue. They just say there is a waiting issue for the problem. I cannot understand that how opening a box takes longer than a week. I called KPN but they said they cannot see the issue since this is between companies not between customer and the company. I believe that there is not any issue or ticket at KPN for my internet problem. This is why the problem has not been solved yet.

Another problem is about vouchers you give. I have a housemate, and we both need internet connection. I am a customer of T-Mobile and you give me voucher for unlimited internet. That is fine as long as I am at home. When I am not at home and my housemate is, then he cannot connect to the internet. We are not talking about one day issue here. It is already more than almost a month without internet. He is a customer of Vodafone. What can be a solution for my housemate? The first thing I can imagine is that he can buy a new prepaid Sim card from T-Mobile and can apply for a refund from you for the money he pays for the prepaid card. Then you can also provide one more voucher for him. This may not be the best solution for you. If it is not, then I would like to hear your solution. You might say that I am the person who is written at the contract. But as you know, you are asking for only one person when we sign a contract. The rent contract shows that we are living as two people in the house. So, he deserves internet connection as much as I do.

I hope there will be a progress at the connection issue and we will have a permanent solution at the end. The weekend is coming and I will not be at home most of the time and my housemate will be at home. Therefore, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
icon

Beste antwoord door Piotr 13 May 2019, 12:19

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hi @cank7

That is a real bummer. Wow. Good to read they gave you a voucher for unlimited data. This of course won't solve your problem, nor can it provide a solution for your roommate. I honestly believe there is not a solution for that available as he has a different cell phone provider. As you described KPN is involved as a network provider, Guidion and T-Mobile to activitate your subscription. It seems to me there are multiple issues, which need to be solved. I pointed out your topic to webcare as it is an urgent issue. Especially due to the time and no sight on a permanent solution. I believe they will look into this as soon as possible. First priority is getting you online. Webcare has proven to do a great job with these kind of cases, and the will monitor the process.
Reputatie 7
Hey @cank7,

I'm really sad to hear that you've experienced a lot of problems with your T-Mobile Thuis subscription.😞 Our technical department is doing their utterly best to solve this problem as soon as possible. You also don't have to worry about the costs. Let us know when your problem has been solved, then we'll make sure that you'll get a proper compensation for this period.
I don't know if you roommate already bought a prepaid T-Mobile sim card? If you need an extra Unlimited Voucher, please send me a DM. Then I'll make sure that you receive a new voucher. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!
Dear @TAVL,

Thanks for your fast reply and your effort at monitoring the problem.

Dear @Piotr,

Thanks for your reply. We were expecting an answer to this question. Now we have the answer, and my friend will go to buy a prepaid card. Then, we will ask for the voucher and send the bill of the prepaid card. This will be a temporary solution, but at least a solution. It is good to see that you are trying to help us.

On the other hand, I have good news for myself. Finally, I contacted someone at KPN side. He checked the appointment for May 1, which is the day KPN technician came to my house. I asked the current status of the ticket. He saw that the technician commented the ticket as "could not open the grey box". There is nothing new about this part since we learned it on May 1. The next thing I heard is very interesting. Unfortunately, there was not a ticket to open the grey box. Therefore, no one came to solve the problem.

If we go back the my original post:

When I contact customer service, no one gives me information about the issue. They just say there is a waiting issue for the problem. I cannot understand that how opening a box takes longer than a week. I called KPN but they said they cannot see the issue since this is between companies not between customer and the company. I believe that there is not any issue or ticket at KPN for my internet problem. This is why the problem has not been solved yet.

I want to list every step I have taken:
  • I talked to T-Mobile customer service via phone 2 times (at least 20 minutes waiting time per call)
  • I talked to T-Mobile customer service via live chat at least 5 times
  • I talked to KPN customer service at least 3 times
  • I posted here
I explained the same problem again and again from scratch every time. Everyone said me there is an issue for the problem. I asked the current status of the problem, but no one gave me information about it. They said "it is going to be fixed". As I explained in the original post, my guess was "there is not any issue to open the grey box even though there is an issue for my internet connection which is waiting for 2 weeks".

One of your colleagues at customer service (live talk) said "why do you do this" when I asked the current status of the ticket. I am not joking, this is literally what he said to me. You can check all the conversations we had last week. It is obvious that no one digs the problem when they see an issue waiting there. If you ask more questions about it, they treat you as a problem person.

After reading all this, you can blame KPN because they did not create an issue to open the grey box. I do not blame them for this issue. Do you know why? Because when I contacted them, they said that these tickets are between companies, T-Mobile and KPN. Since I am not a customer of KPN, I cannot contact to KPN customer service to learn the progress of the ticket. The owner of the ticket is T-Mobile not me. T-Mobile should have been my representative at KPN side of this problem instead of leaving this problem unsolved. I think I was very lucky at my last call to KPN and found someone who understands the problem and digs the problem to see what is wrong about it.

Long story short, I have waited for two weeks for nothing. No one came to solve to the problem because there was not any ticket at KPN side for the problem. I hope there is a ticket now and it will be solved very soon. And, I hope you will push them by saying this is an urgent issue since it is not something new.

Dear @TAVL and @Piotr,

Please, do not take this message personal. This is a very good example of how a problem can stuck at somewhere between two companies when customer service treat the customer as a problem person. I believe that you will monitor this problem to be sure that it will be fixed as soon as possible. Moreover, you can take this as feedback about service provided by the company to improve the process. We can talk about the proper compensation for this period after the problem is fixed.

Have a nice day.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Thank you for your great analysis @cank7. Superb! First of all you are not a 'problem person'. You are a valued T-Mobile customer with an issue, which is indeed a problem between business parties. Unfortunately, it is you who encounters the direct problem, without any control on the status between those parties. As mentioned earlier it makes it difficult when there are multiple parties involved as in this case.
Reputatie 7
Hi @cank7 , thank you for the detailed information. Normally the grid operator (KPN) has acces to the distribution points (the grey box) but it would appear that in this case they needed to contact a third party to gain acces to the site. They appear to have contacted this third party today and I expect that a mechanic will be sent over this week they solve your connection issues. We will keep monitoring the progress to make sure everything get's resolved. My apologies for the delay and I will keep you posted on the progress personally!
KPN sent a technician yesterday to fix the problem. Finally, we have internet connection. Thanks for the support.
Reputatie 7
Hi @cank7, good to hear you're finally online! I have reimbursed the subscription costs for the period of 29-04 until 17-05 so that you won't be charged anything. If there is anything else I can do for you do let me know and enjoy your new subscription!
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Good to hear @cank7. Welcome to the network.

Reageer