Beantwoord

Fiber connection status

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 342 Bekeken

I’ve requested a fiber connection at our new apartment on January 10, since T-Mobile site stated that fiber is available at that address. During registration process it notified that the connection will be available mid February, that was acceptable for me. Now we are approaching end of February and I didn’t receive any news. The order status on https://thuismy.t-mobile.nl/ tells me that the installation date cannot be determined until I am connected to the fiber network, but there is already a fiber cable and box installed by KPN. And now my question is, what prevents t-mobile from completing the activation and if there is an estimation of how much time will it take?

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 21 February 2021, 15:00

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @agrigorcea, smart that you check in for a status update! Sorry, I see that there's still some work required before the Fiber connection is actually in place. The line operator wrote on the 26th of January that they made an appointment with you for the 26th of March. If you don't recall making this appointment, I would advise you to call the line operator KPN NetwerkNL on the following number: 088-0063744. They're available from 8:30-18:00 on Monday to Friday.

Aside from giving you more information about the appointment, it is also likely that they will be able to move the appointment forward for you. I'd also advise you to tell them that the fiber cable is already present inside your house. In the meantime I'll try to gather more information as well!

Hi @Cal, thank you for your answer. I’ve called KPN 2 weeks ago and was told that 26th of March is just a planned date to end the project, but the work is all done, they just needed to do some measurements. The KPN person said it was planned to happen very soon, probably the same week when I called. I wonder if TMobile received any news from KPN?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @agrigorcea, thank you for the update!

KPN will install the patch needed to bring your connection online on the 26th. You can make an appointment with Guidion to come and finalize the installation on the 26th as well. Please dial 088-2000 151 and plan an appointment, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this answers your question, if not, feel free to ask as much as you want! 

Will KPN install the patch in my apartment or somewhere else? There is a patch cable in the box sent by tmobile, but I think the adapter/coupler is missing. Will KPN or Guidion bring it or do I need to buy one myself?

And do I really need Guidion technician? Seems like they just connect the cable and configure WiFi. I can do it myself.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @agrigorcea, the patch will be installed in the main distribution center, so no worries KPN won't need to enter your apartment. The patch cable in the installation package is required when you have a different ISRA (main installation point).But since you don't have DSL-connection, but Fiber, you won't be needing the ISRA.

A Guidion expert is always required when it comes to a Fiber-installation. With a Fiber optic connection, the installation is always carried out by a technician. This is because the equipment and the FTU (Fiber optic connection point) are extremely fragile. If something goes wrong, the damage can amount to hundreds of euros.

In addition, the service guarantee on all loose parts of the connection expires if you decide to install it yourself. Great that you prefer to do it yourself, but that is not recommended. If help is needed later because a part is defective or the connection does not work, we can no longer help you. The technician must also register the connection with our technicians and always does this after an installation. If this does not happen, your connection will not be officially registered.

May I therefore ask you to please schedule an appointment by calling 088-2000151? Thanks in advance for cooperating! 😄

Reageer