Beantwoord

Glasvezel speed unreliable

• 26 October 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 281 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hello everyone,

Apologies, I can’t write Dutch yet, so I hope English is ok, too. Few months ago we moved into a nieuwbouw (built late 2018) house, it supports glasvezel, everything looks fine on that end.

We went for glasvezel 100 Mbps by T-Mobile, but most of the time the speed is more around the 10 to 30 Mbps range. I keep resetting the modem, and sometimes the speed calibrates back to 80+ Mbps. I am frustrated at this point, there are some streaming services (Netflix is okayish, but Shadow isn’t at all) that I cannot enjoy reliably because of the speed but then even when I have 80+ Mbps I feel there is quite some latency. My expectation is that I shouldn’t have these problems with glasvezel 100 Mbps. There is little time I can spend on these activities and I’d rather not have to go and reset the modem every time because I have to climb 2 sets of stairs for each reset attempt. Reaching the klantenservice is not easy at all and I cannot find an email address I can use. I have tried different cables, different LAN slots, different devices, but the situation does not change. There is no storing announced. I appreciate any help or guidance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 26 October 2019, 18:09

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hello @emka86 

Welcome at the community.

What speed and latency do you obtain when connecting a pc directly to the modem with a LAN cable? Please test with the Windows 10 Speedtest app if possible.

How long and what quality is the cable between Media Converter and Modem?

Kind regards, Folkert

Thank you Folkert, I already made a decision to upgrade my internet connection and have it properly installed by experts. I do not want to waste your time any further. Thank you for all your support within the community. This thread can be closed.

Reageer