Beantwoord

I have a problem with my ISRA point.

• 13 February 2020
  • 11 reacties
  • 542 Bekeken

I have been battling for weeks now and the Customer services guy said that I need to come here and ask for help regarding a “bridge tap from the Isra point”. My internet constantly falls out and the and the technical support ticket  says that it can be fixed from home but they wont say how. Which I still find a bit stupid.

But anyway, is there anyone here that can explain what to do, this has been going on for three weeks now...

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 21 February 2020, 15:08

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

An Answer in Dutch is fine, I can read Dutch but it was easier for me to ask my question in english

Een Bridge-tap is een aftakking in de bekabeling, dat betekent dat er ergens een niet gebruikt stuk kabel in de aansluiting zit.

Deze moet dan verwijderd worden zodat die geen storing kan veroorzaken, we moeten alleen zeker weten dat dit ook daadwerkelijk het geval is.

Kun je een foto maken van je aansluiting en met name hoe het is aangesloten op het ISRA punt.

P.S. ik heb met taal hetzelfde, engels lezen gaat prima maar schrijven weer niet.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gatfol

The main KPN cable mainly comes in your house in the fuse box, these are a few examples of connections :

You can also find one in your living room or somewhere else. Just make sure the main KPN line is connected direct to the modem or the connection box that came with your modem and remove all other cables. Remove unused cables as well. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Gatfol, a bridge tap is usually part of the house, just like your electricity network in-house for example so we can’t do any work on that. We can help you determine where the bridge tap is. Like @Doornekamp33 already said if you can post some pictures of what the ISRA connection looks like and where the cables are going we might figure out where the bridge tap is. We have a separate topic for this here but since you’ve already had some replies here we could also continue in this thread.

sorry for the delay, but here are some photos of how it looks. I taped off the open points of all the other wires to avoid more faulty connections. however my internet service still doesnt work that well...

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gatfol

This cable goes straight to your fuse box and is attached to the main KPN thing where a thick blue cable comes in your house? Make sure there is no other cable.

Are there electricity cables near your DSL cable?

the ISRA point is next to a power outlet? but thats it as far as i know

so at the moment my home wifi network is unusable as it is so unstable i cant even refresh my Gmail page. I feel like what I have done by taping the wires making sure they cant cause any connections is a less drastic approach to removing them.  But this is not helping as the internet connection to my modem, as indicated by the lights on its display, is lost at least once every 5minutes. 
So what now? I have been sitting with this problem for a month now. It took T-mobile a week and a half to be able to give me any kind of information regarding the situation. And only after the second week of struggling with this faulty internet did I get offered a T-mobile unlimited voucher code for my phone so that I can work from a mobile hotspot at home. But that is not what I am paying for. This is really getting outrageous and I find it extremely confusing that T-mobile refer me to this forum to seek help instead of just telling me how to fix it. I am getting to the point where I feel like they should send and engineer to come fix this. And they can forget about charging me for it. A month long of paying for internet we are not getting is enough in my opinion. 

It seems rather straight forward from what i have read.

“Make sure only the Blue and Red wire are connected and touching.” I have done that. Or should I really cut the other wires completely?

Please help, this is driving me insane...

Een Bridge-tap is een aftakking in de bekabeling, dat betekent dat er ergens een niet gebruikt stuk kabel in de aansluiting zit.

Deze moet dan verwijderd worden zodat die geen storing kan veroorzaken, we moeten alleen zeker weten dat dit ook daadwerkelijk het geval is.

Kun je een foto maken van je aansluiting en met name hoe het is aangesloten op het ISRA punt.

P.S. ik heb met taal hetzelfde, engels lezen gaat prima maar schrijven weer niet.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Gatfol, thank you for the photo’s, on the surface it looks to be fine. Could you send me a private message with your full address, date of birth and the last 4 digits? Then I’ll see what I can do!

I called yesterday and the was a support ticket for the technical department. the internet connection coming to modem drops out. so apparently the problem is bigger than originally thought. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Gatfol, I already sent you a private message but just in case I’ll also note it here: I added the screenshots you posted here to the ticket my colleague made and we’ll forward this information to the grid operator so they can send over a mechanic! 

Reageer