Beantwoord

installation modem fiber optic - self installation coronavirus

Reputatie 1

I ve just moved to new house. The monteur supposed to come to install modem on fiber optic for us but due to coronavirus measure, they will call me for giving instructions today.

I took liberty to install without waiting for their call. I installed everything except the Internet LED still having red blink. Do I have to ask T mobile to activate the connection?

icon

Beste antwoord door Marcel MCi 18 May 2020, 19:47

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Good afternoon @danupranantha,

The activation should be set before 6pm. It may be the technician is not finished with the activities in the local POP. 

To be completely sure: Which lights show up on the media convertor? This is the black box from the send photo.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @danupranantha 

You should have waited for a call from Guidion, any damage to the fiber could have cost you much money but the wiring looks good, can you show which lights are on on the mediaconverter?

If everything is fine and the mediaconverter isn't receiving signal yet that's up to KPNNetwerkNL to check the connection in the wijkcentrale.

Also check your T-mobile thuis account to see if your installatiedatum has allready passed (date on which the connection will be activated).

Reputatie 1

Hi Waqqas,

Thank you for your reply. That’s the light from the converter (picture). Is it not receiving signal?

I ve asked for May 1st actually, but I ll check my account.

Thanks!

Danu

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@danupranantha 

Looks like there is no signal yet. If your installatiedatum has allready passed its probably a problem outside.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

This may resolve itself. If you activation is planned today, it may take up to 6pm to activate. 

Reputatie 1

@TAVL thanks for the info, I ll just wait then

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

No problem. You could try to restart the media convertor and Zyxel in a couple of hours to see if the activation is completed. This step may be needed before you see if the line is activated.

Reputatie 1

It still has no signal. I received a call from t-mobile installation guide around 16:00 PM, told him the case where I don’t have signal.

He said he will contact KPN and solve the issue today,  yet now no news and no Internet connection now at 19:00 PM

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@danupranantha 

I hope the ticket for KPN to check your connection has indeed been made. It will take some days I guess.

Maybe a moderator can confirm this for you tomorrow. The connection should have been active since the installatiedatum mentioned in your T-mobile thuis account.

Reputatie 1

Yes, it should be by today. My line of works require Internet, hence I cannot really work atm.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hi,

I see the wrong fibercable is used. This cannot work (properly). A fiber cable with a blue and a green connector is needed. (Only an engineer has the proper cable & connector-cover) Futhermore the settings of de converter are important. In most cases this should be switches 3 and 4 on. (In some area's 1 and 6 on will work) How are the switches set in your case? If 1 and 6 on, switch off the converter, set only 3 and 4 on, then power on the converter)

Regards,

Marcel

Reputatie 1

@Marcel MCi You re right, the switch should be 3 and 4! It was 1 and 6. The fiber cable is correct blue and green. Thanks a lot. You save my day (work)

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @danupranantha, that's fantastic! Glad to hear @Marcel MCi saved the day! 😁 Enjoy your Fiber-connection and if there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask. The Community's always on standby to lend a hand! 😉

Reageer